By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chat Room - January

I'm making french fries.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Id recommend starting a VGC IRC Chat. Talk to RavenXtra. Im sure he will show you how to set one up.

And if things go as planned, ill have something you may like soon ;)

We've tried before (recently GNAC tried something similar) but it never really got off the ground. Raven, Rain and I are in a Skype chat ofcourse (and I'm a member of others and there's others I know of which I'm not a member of, say) but it would be cool to see something like VGC Chat again.  I'd be more than up for seeing it come back though!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

sundin13 said:

Its not bad...it just suffers from "open world syndrome" where there is a "huge open world with a million things to do", but 99% of those things are just the same thing over and over again. You don't really need to grind so you can just play it for the single player (Vaas is a good villain and the VA is decent and everything is acceptably interesting) and I am having fun driving jet skis off of waterfalls and whatnot. I wouldn't say stay away from it, just keep your expectations in check. 

EDIT: This is one of the reasons I prefer fantasy settings...it is just easier to make the environment feel more varied without feeling like everything doesn't make sense. Like in Red Dead Redemption, when 5 minutes away from the desert there was snow. Its like, "no, New Hampshire isn't a five minute horseride from arizona..."

As for TLOU, yeah, it will be my first time playing it. I'm fairly excited to play it but I want to wait until I actually have time and emotions available to invest into it. 

That's kind of similar to how inFamous SS was. You have this big city but you did similar gameplay the whole time. The missions were pretty same-like. I still enjoyed it a lot though but I agree. Variety in Open World games would be good.

Just go in playing with zero expectations and hopefully you end up liking it

riderz13371 said:
I'm making french fries.

Now I'm hungry.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

riderz13371 said:
I'm making french fries.

Only certain kinds of French Fries are good. I hope you're making the good kind

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

We've tried before (recently GNAC tried something similar) but it never really got off the ground. Raven, Rain and I are in a Skype chat ofcourse (and I'm a member of others and there's others I know of which I'm not a member of, say) but it would be cool to see something like VGC Chat again.  I'd be more than up for seeing it come back though!

I remember that feature. It was nice, they really should bring it back

*Sound Of Rain said:

That's kind of similar to how inFamous SS was. You have this big city but you did similar gameplay the whole time. The missions were pretty same-like. I still enjoyed it a lot though but I agree. Variety in Open World games would be good.

Just go in playing with zero expectations and hopefully you end up liking it

Kinda tough when everyone is like "ZOMG BEST GAEM EVAR!!!!!" haha

*Sound Of Rain said:
Conegamer said:

I remember that feature. It was nice, they really should bring it back

As I said, I'd be more than up for it but it's persuading other people to join too. People seem content with their Skype chats right now, though. Perhaps things have changed in the last few months though which would be neat.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

Now I'm hungry.

Go eat then

Anyway, are you really going to try and get a Wii U? It's shapping up to be a nice system. So far it's not the best thing in the world but it is improving. Definitely better now compared to when I first had it 

sundin13 said:

Kinda tough when everyone is like "ZOMG BEST GAEM EVAR!!!!!" haha

This is true. Well, try to go in expecting nothing. I went in with no knowledge of the story and expected decent gameplay at best. I think that's the best way to play any game really.