By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DriveClub was the UK's best-selling exclusive of 2014

DriveClub was the UK's best-selling single-platform exclusive of 2014, it's been revealed.

The racer fended off other console exclusives The Last of Us: Remastered, Infamous: Second Son, Sunset Overdrive and Halo: The Master Chief Collection to come out on top, despite suffering from disastrous launch issues.

Much of the game's success likely came as a result of its inclusion in Black Friday bundles. Last month it was revealed that sales of DriveClub had jumped 999 per cent during Black Friday week after a console bundle containing a copy of the game fell to £289.

However it has continued to sell reasonably well since, placing at No.12 in this week's charts.

The Last of Us Remastered, meanwhile, was the second best-selling single-platform exclusive of 2014, with Halo: The Master Chief Collection being the best-selling Xbox One exclusive and third best-selling exclusive of the year.

Major Xbox One title Titanfall finished the year as the 12th best-selling title, having also released on Xbox 360 and PC.

Take a look below for the UK's best-selling PS4 and Xbox One exclusives in 2014, or head through here for the entire top 100.

PLAYSTATION 4:
1. DriveClub
2. The Last of Us: Remastered
3. Infamous Second Son
4. Killzone: Shadow Fall

XBOX ONE
1. Halo: The Master Chief Collection
2. Forza Motorsport 5
3. Sunset Overdrive

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/driveclub/news/driveclub_was_the_uks_best-selling_exclusive_of_2014.html

Around the Network

Go Driveclub! Deserves the sales.

Holy crap! :D

So nice to see considering the level of gloating I we had on certain forums as the reviews started coming in.

The PS5 Exists. 

Just imagine what GT7 will do.

Around the Network

incoming "bundle" downplay

Truly amazing considering how bad Driveclub started off.

God, I wish I could embed Joe Esposito's "You're the best around", it just feels so appropiate. This will do.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

LOL ok.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Gah, double posting all over the place. sorry.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian