By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter...why you people like it?

Tagged games:

What do you think?

Are you NUTS?! Monster Hu... 44 26.04%

Are you NUTS?! 6 3.55%

I like Monster Hunter. 35 20.71%

It's decent. 22 13.02%

I dislike Monster Hunter. 22 13.02%

I ABSOLUTELY hate Monster Hunter. 10 5.92%

Peace Walker is better at... 6 3.55%

I don't wanna answer. 6 3.55%

Show me the results. 15 8.88%

Kebabs are for losers. 3 1.78%

Total:169
RolStoppable said:
ktay95 said:

(...)

How good does the New 3DS's C-stick feel?

Like shit tbh, Im really hoping that when I get MonHun 4 I get used to it

edit: To be fair my hands get fairly sweaty so my thumb often just slips on it and it doesnt work properly

Around the Network

I have never played a Monster Hunter title but I did recently play Freedom Wars. It was alright but it got immensely boring over time so I imagine I wouldn't like Monster Hunter either.

RolStoppable said:

I expected an honest answer, not such biased rubbish. What were you thinking?

What are you using it for right now anyway?

RolStoppable said:
ktay95 said:

I expected an honest answer, not such biased rubbish. What were you thinking?

What are you using it for right now anyway?

Ive only tried it with KH and only for like 20mins. Until MonHun I cant really give it a fair review

ktay95 said:

edit: To be fair my hands get fairly sweaty so my thumb often just slips on it and it doesnt work properly

I don't think it'll be that bad for Monster Hunter ... 

It only starts to become a serious issue when Nintendo decides to make an FPS/TPS for the New 3DS ...

Around the Network

Monster Hunter isn't a game you can play for 30 min and enjoy. The fun is in the grind itself. When you've made your farm as efficient as possible in making potions you feel good about it. When you and the group you are hunting with can churn out parts of a monster very quickly so that you all can upgrade your gear and fight the next bad ass monster you feel good about it. When you take down a Rathalos or Qurupeco, for the first few times you feel good about it, because all of the effort is rewarded with your kill. And it is a good balance of combat strategy and preparation. All of the preparation builds an atmosphere of actually going on a hunting expedition. And this is without mentioning the charm of some of the characters and the amazing monsters you must take down. This is a game that requires hours and hours of work and effort. Think of it like Pokemon's competitive battling scene and working on your IV's and Ev's etc. The difference is that monster hunter is more cooperative than competitive

Did you play it solo or with people? I find it extremely boring alone but I find it fun with other people!

It has a bit of grinding, the controls are pretty bad, I can't really say I don't agree with your points but... I simply like it!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

morenoingrato said:
You are such a terrible person Wright.

He is. But at least he doesn't like Monster Hunter.

Wright said:

Surely there has to be some improvements here anywhere, right? WRight?

I'm really dissapointed that you didn't use the obvious pun there.

Teeqoz said:
Wright said:

Surely there has to be some improvements here anywhere, right? WRight?

I'm really dissapointed that you didn't use the obvious pun there.

Coming from the OP, that'd look a bit too narcissist. :P