By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter...why you people like it?

Tagged games:

What do you think?

Are you NUTS?! Monster Hu... 44 26.04%

Are you NUTS?! 6 3.55%

I like Monster Hunter. 35 20.71%

It's decent. 22 13.02%

I dislike Monster Hunter. 22 13.02%

I ABSOLUTELY hate Monster Hunter. 10 5.92%

Peace Walker is better at... 6 3.55%

I don't wanna answer. 6 3.55%

Show me the results. 15 8.88%

Kebabs are for losers. 3 1.78%

Total:169
RolStoppable said:

He meant a lock-on system, not a marker on the map.

Oh ... Well thanks for clearing that up ...

I don't think an auto targeting system is necessary but it would make things a LOT more comfortable on handhelds ...

Around the Network

I don't get it either. It's not even frustrating. Just boring.

btw how did you get to play it already? Is the demo already available?

ktay95 said:

Lock on is for noobs though =P

There's no shame in admitting that I'm a noob.

mii-gamer said:
MH3 is very slow at the beginning and it takes a number of hours before the game shines.

In my view, the combat feels a bit like dark souls. The chunkiness, the importance of timing and precision feels similar to the dark souls series. Plus going out to kill large enemies with a buddy is pretty fun.

Lets not forget the best part of the game, kicking your fellow hunters at the end of a mission so they cant get the rewards from the monster you just hunted =P

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

Yeah probably.  Its really unfortunate though.  The VIta has dual analog and could rectify that issue...... -_- For a frranchise that did so well on sony console i really dont understand why multiplatform is not a viable option

Yeah, I agree that the controls would be A LOT better on the vita but I think the deals that Nintendo made with Capcom are the limiting factor there plus they don't think their losing much in the end since the vast majority of the playerbase is already on the 3DS ...

I tried it for the first time when I got Freedom Unite for free on PS+ and didn't liked it. It's pure grinding, story is terrible, there is an annoying excess of text trying to explain everything and not allowing you to play, it was a chore to simply try to play it.

However, I enjoyed a lot Soul Sacrifice. It still is grinding based, but the story was good and it kept me hooked up. The fact that it was a Vita game and I could control the camera with the right stick was a game changer too, moving the camera with the D-pad was an absolute mess on MH. And these hunter games always, always have a tricky camera, so being able to control it is vital. I'm always enjoying Freedom Wars a lot, so that's basically my history with hunting games.

fatslob-:O said:

Yeah, I agree that the controls would be A LOT better on the vita but I think the deals that Nintendo made with Capcom are the limiting factor there plus they don't think their losing much in the end since the vast majority of the playerbase is already on the 3DS ...

And they can re-use the PSP assets and won't suffer with increased costs.

You are such a terrible person Wright.

alternine said:
Never played Monster Hunter but from what I've seen it doesn't look very good. The monster designs are decent though.

Something must be decent in these gam...

*ahem* *ahem*

Yeah, I don't like Monster Hunter that much either, and not because of archaic design, but mostly because these games are just too slow. You can't sprint apparently (only played Monster Hunter Tri), so it just makes the game a bit tired for me.

And well, I love grinding, so maybe my issue with this Capcom franchise for me lies in the controls.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.