By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter...why you people like it?

Tagged games:

What do you think?

Are you NUTS?! Monster Hu... 44 26.04%

Are you NUTS?! 6 3.55%

I like Monster Hunter. 35 20.71%

It's decent. 22 13.02%

I dislike Monster Hunter. 22 13.02%

I ABSOLUTELY hate Monster Hunter. 10 5.92%

Peace Walker is better at... 6 3.55%

I don't wanna answer. 6 3.55%

Show me the results. 15 8.88%

Kebabs are for losers. 3 1.78%

Total:169
shikamaru317 said:
Grindiness doesn't neccessarily make a game bad, I've enjoyed plenty of grindy games such as Runescape. The thing is though that most of those games have other strengths that make up for the grindiness, such as a good story or online play. Monster Hunter 1 didn't have any redeeming features when I played it, I don't recall there being much of a storyline, it wasn't an MMO so you couldn't play with others, etc. It was just a tedious slogfest.

It definitely wasn't an MMO but there was an online component in the first Monster Hunter however I think you had to get a PS2 network adapter to get the online functionality out of the games ... 

It's more akin to Phantasy Star online on the Dreamcast where there is a central hub for players to interact with each other outside of missions ...

You are right about Monster Hunter not having any story though ...

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
I can agree with laziness, the series has gone nowhere in so long I swear. Very minor changes.
But the gameplay is solid a fuck, why do you think it sells so damn well everytime.

It sells a ton in Japan because of the brand. Much like COD, people buy it to play with their friends. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Do not hate, but do not like it.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

My experience:
I tried monster hunter tri on wii withj a friend to see what all the buzz was about. We didn´t like it, we thought it was slow and a crappy game overall. Then, like 6 month later i decided to give the game another chance and the same happened to me, it was boring and slow, but instead of leaving the game i kept playing it. Slowly i began what the game was all about and i adapted to it, and now i can say for certain that it´s one of the most engaging and addictive games on the market. Its just pure fun.

morenoingrato said:
You are such a terrible person Wright.

I know.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

The New 3DS has dual analog and four shoulder buttons, so it's better suited for MH than the Vita.

The C-stick on the 3DS is way too small so the vita will likely win out in terms of precise camera control ...

I got monster hunter 3 on Wii U free with the Mario Kart 8 promotion, i managed about 6 hours then it dawned on me how much time is needed for a game like this. Dont get me wrong, i can sink tons of hours into games, but constant grinding doesnt constitute fun for me. I have a friend on Miiverse that has sunk over 2000 hours into this game, sure it must be fun for him but i would feel like the game is taking over my life.

This post has come in a good time. I just ordered the first MH for PS2, so I will be able to have an opinion about this game.

From the videos available in the internet, the game looks boring. Maybe actually playing it changes my mind.

RolStoppable said:

Oh right, I totally forgot about your extensive experience with the New 3DS.

Like I always say, leave it to the slob to tell us the cold hard truth about everything concerning Nintendo.

I don't speak from experience, I speak in terms of ergonomics ... 

RolStoppable said:
fatslob-:O said:

The C-stick on the 3DS is way too small so the vita will likely win out in terms of precise camera control ...

Oh right, I totally forgot about your extensive experience with the New 3DS.

Like I always say, leave it to the slob to tell us the cold hard truth about everything concerning Nintendo.

Which begs the question, have you tried Vita's dual analog? Don't you like it?