By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter...why you people like it?

Tagged games:

What do you think?

Are you NUTS?! Monster Hu... 44 26.04%

Are you NUTS?! 6 3.55%

I like Monster Hunter. 35 20.71%

It's decent. 22 13.02%

I dislike Monster Hunter. 22 13.02%

I ABSOLUTELY hate Monster Hunter. 10 5.92%

Peace Walker is better at... 6 3.55%

I don't wanna answer. 6 3.55%

Show me the results. 15 8.88%

Kebabs are for losers. 3 1.78%

Total:169

The controls are awesome as is the gameplay. It's you, not the game

Around the Network
HBninjaX said:

That's a criticise I can accept, although there's more people in this thread that complains about the controls as well :P

I enjoyed the PS2 version (not sure which one was it) It was pretty cool taking on those giant mother fuckers but it seems pretty repetitive in retrospect.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I enjoy it enough to play it with friends, I kinda wish the game was on the Wii U because I feel like the game would benefit from 1080p,

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

I played monster hunter on the psp and I didn't like it.. I like the metal gear solid peace walker collaboration though.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I played Monster Hunter: Freedom 2 and it is one of the worst games I've ever played. I agree with you, the core gameplay itself is terrible due to the poor controls.

You should ask this question in Japan to those 4 million+ monster hunter players.

Wright said:
HBninjaX said:

That's a criticise I can accept, although there's more people in this thread that complains about the controls as well :P

Hmmm to me that's like picking up a guitar for the first time, not playing it well, and blaming the guitar itself. 

The weapons in the game are supposed to be incredibly unwieldly, when you get the timing down everything just flows.  There are weapons that are more beginner friendly and allow more freedom of movement, it's a good idea to take them all for a test drive.  When you become more comfortable try the more 'awkward' weapons and it's like a whole new game