By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter...why you people like it?

Tagged games:

What do you think?

Are you NUTS?! Monster Hu... 44 26.04%

Are you NUTS?! 6 3.55%

I like Monster Hunter. 35 20.71%

It's decent. 22 13.02%

I dislike Monster Hunter. 22 13.02%

I ABSOLUTELY hate Monster Hunter. 10 5.92%

Peace Walker is better at... 6 3.55%

I don't wanna answer. 6 3.55%

Show me the results. 15 8.88%

Kebabs are for losers. 3 1.78%

Total:169

I treat MH like I do MMORPGs. I acknowledge people like the endless looting, continuous challenge, and social play, but I just don't have the time in my life to commit to it.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:

@Bold Actually it does ... 

You just abhor the mechanics like I would but there are other things that you and I agree with such as the awful controls ... 

I meant to say "gameplay", in its core. Sure, the game is damn solid if people purchase it so much. The legs this franchise has impressive.

RolStoppable said:
Can be summed up with a German proverb: Geteiltes Leid ist halbes Leid.

That translated pretty well to english.

RolStoppable said:
Can be summed up with a German proverb: Geteiltes Leid ist halbes Leid.

Google Translator says:

Dolor compartido es la mitad de una pena.

Wright said:

I respect the people that like this game

I don't. I wish they all had one nose so I could bop them on it.

Around the Network

MH created it's own genre, Lost Planet didn't know what to do with in the same genre that's why the responses to each game are in contrast. MH you're basically a hunter all your gear is carved from the wildlife get on it that's the point, use better gear to hunt stronger targets the game is even better when you team up, if you play action games like DMC and Bayonetta you'll understand the concept of playing a game over until you get better at it, MH's genre is built around that concept with slight touches of MMOs.

If someone is not the type of player who's up for putting hours into a game to get better and progress then they'll never click with MH games as the core concept is getting better to deal with bigger targets otherwise you'll find yourself grind for exetremely long periods.

Wright said:

I meant to say "gameplay", in its core. Sure, the game is damn solid if people purchase it so much. The legs this franchise has impressive.

You may not like the gameplay but there are many that do so the gameplay is only OUR problem, not the game's ...

It's the same with Call of Duty or Battlefield ...

Yea I don't get the appeal either but I guess thats why it sells so much in Japan and sells bearly anywhere else comparatively

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

badgenome said:
Wright said:

I respect the people that like this game

I don't. I wish they all had one nose so I could bop them on it.

You need a Caligula avatar when you say that.

Make one for the vita and ill try it again. PLayed Monster Hunters Tri on the Wii and stopped playing it after 40 minutes. But i think if i played it on a handheld i would have liked it more