By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Sony drops before GTAIV, what will Microsoft do?

@DmeisterJ

Halo 3 didn't move consoles??? Maybe you weren't here when the 360 won September NPD, not only beating the Wii, but also the PS3 by nearly 5 to 1?

OT: After Sony won the Hi-Def DVD war and announced the MGS4 bundle, I sincerely doubt they will be the first to drop their price.

Around the Network

The GTA series was the best selling series of last gen. I would be very surprised if GTAIV didn't help sales or convince some people still on the fence to buy an HD console.

@ dolla dolla  
It did move consoles *obviously*, but it didn't move a hell of a lot of consoles, so I'm trying to figure out how this is going to be so big console wise, when games like CoD4 and AC which were multi-plat didn't move units for the 360 (in respect to the PS3).

Sony should ride the momentum they have until after MGS4. That way they could capitalize on the Metal Gear popularity and once that dies down then do a price drop. That could keep their momentum going through the slowest parts of the year and most likely keep them ahead of MS worldwide for good.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Its too soon for Sony to drop the price again. They already dropped it in November, so I don't see them dropping the price until the end of 08. If they do, then Microsoft will drop the price as well and advertise. Also if Sony drops the price, then they would also have to drop the price on the 80GB MGS4 bundle since the price gap between the two SKUs would be pretty big, and it'll likely hurt the 80GB sales, unless people are willing to pay extra for the BC. It'll be pretty interesting to see who gets the most boost from GTAIV.

Around the Network

GTA will push ,around 1.5 million.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

DMeisterJ said:
GTA is not really going to push consoles. If Halo 3 couldn't really push consoles, why do we think that GTAIV will?

i agree with you.

shams said:
There is only one chance for Sony dropping PS3 price again... so soon...

GTA4 + 360 + price cut + (new model?) --> sends sales soaring worldwide (i.e. 2x-3x current sales).

Then I guess Sony will be forced to follow suit with another price cut???

What he said.

i expect to see ms drop the price by 50 bucks b5 gta iv, but they wont bundle with it. never ever ever will they bundle with gta iv.

sony will drop the price after mgs4 which will prolly be during the summer by 50 bucks

but if sony drops the price beforw ms which will most likely not happen, ms will be screwed totally.