By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POTENTIAL MEGATON: Xenoblade Chronicles X to run at 60fps?!?!

How is that a Megaton?

Around the Network

Xenoblade Chronicles X characters look entirely unimpressive and there are more than enough gen 7 games that have way better character models, saying something else really is just a sign of someone trying too hard to defend something that the devs clearly didn't care much about.

Materia-Blade said:
GTAexpert said:
Materia-Blade said:

the characters bodies are something ps360 could only dream of (especially the more important characters, like elma), so they look great to me.

It seems you haven't played a PS3 game since 2007. Here are some character models in PS3 exclusives, which look way better than anything in this game.

Elma's 3d model, wich seems to be the best in XCX so far, doesn't have low polygon areas (except the hair, maybe) and doesn't have blurry texture parts either. general XCX characters are also superior to general/above general ps360 characters.

I'd argue that the textures and level of geometry seem lower in the best XCX character models vs those PS3 exclusive character models or the scenery, but XCX is an open world game, made on a system with about 2X the horsepower of PS3 and more modern feature set, so you can't expect better IQ than the best linear PS3 titles in an open world game on Wii U.

Samus Aran said:
GTA V is a very small game though compared to XBX.

Hahahha...not sure if serious.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Materia-Blade said:
GTAexpert said:
Materia-Blade said:

the characters bodies are something ps360 could only dream of (especially the more important characters, like elma), so they look great to me.

It seems you haven't played a PS3 game since 2007. Here are some character models in PS3 exclusives, which look way better than anything in this game.

Elma's 3d model, wich seems to be the best in XCX so far, doesn't have low polygon areas (except the hair, maybe) and doesn't have blurry texture parts either. general XCX characters are also superior to general/above general ps360 characters.

Uhm, no way if you're talking about ND and Kratos lol. Let's look at XCX characters again:

You can see the polygons by looking at their shoulders, for example...How can you claim this is any better than last gen? If these characters had come out last gen I'd honestly have thought they were sub-par back then and now they look even more sub-par.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
Ninsect said:
dahuman said:

There is a trade off, not exactly a good comparison, maybe GTA5 is better.

Yeah, no...

a possible bullshot vs image from old trailer won't compare anything.

Wait, which is which? You do realize trailers often consist of cutscenes, and the shot of XCX above is taken from a cutscene. The GTAV shot is also taken from a cutscene but that is the in-game model.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

edit: double post, look below.

Ninsect said:
Samus Aran said:

XBX will be 100-125 square miles in size.
Now why do you only come in the Nintendo discussion to post negative stuff? I've never seen you post something positive here.

Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:
Samus Aran said:

XBX will be 100-125 square miles in size.
Now why do you only come in the Nintendo discussion to post negative stuff? I've never seen you post something positive here.

How do you know that? They seem to be aiming for about 5 times more than Xenoblade (to accomodate for mech speed) which was somewhere between 10-15 sq mi from what we've seen of calculations. That is 50 - 75 square miles. Somewhere betwen 1 - 1.5 times the size of GTA V. 

Everyone's quick to jump on the character models because it appears to be the only "flaw" with the game. If you can even call it a flaw. At this point, it just looks like a design choice by Monolith. Either that or they're just focusing all of their attention on the beautiful environments and enemy designs, which in this kind of RPG where you won't be looking at people for hours and hours, but rather the things around you, is a good decision.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread