By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POTENTIAL MEGATON: Xenoblade Chronicles X to run at 60fps?!?!

Around the Network

GTA V is a very small game though compared to XBX.

Lol @ people calling this subpar. Show me one game on PS3 with a similar scope, good luck!

I've got GTAV on PS3 and tbh it's nowhere near what I've seen from XCX, the world in XCX not only looks bigger but is more detailed and active in it's ecosystem, GTAV also doesn't have hordes of giant creatures freely roaming about.

Doubt it, and it makes absolutely no difference to me.

Samus Aran said:

Lol @ people calling this subpar. Show me one game on PS3 with a similar scope, good luck!

The characters can look subpar even if there's nothing similar to compare them to. Your lot say it's a design choice. Great! That doesn't mean everyone has to agree that the design choice looks good. -__-

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

If you are talking about envrionment variety then it's true, GTA5 is smaller and more dull compared to X but with better looking main character models, I'd say the trade off is worth it since the world of X looks really nice.

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

The characters can look subpar even if there's nothing similar to compare them to. Your lot say it's a design choice. Great! That doesn't mean everyone has to agree that the design choice looks good. -__-

I never said anything about characters. Who the fuck cares? You're going to stare at their butts 99% of the time. I'm talking about the scope and environments of the game.

Characters look like a Wii game yes, but that's a small part of the game.

Where did I ever defend the ugly characters of this game?

Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

I never said anything about characters. Who the fuck cares? You're going to stare at their butts 99% of the time. I'm talking about the scope and environments of the game.

Characters look like a Wii game yes, but that's a small part of the game.

You never said anything about that directly. But the fucking comparison with GTA5, to which you fucking replied, was made to compare the fucking characters.

dahuman said:
Samus Aran said:

If you are talking about envrionment variety then it's true, GTA5 is smaller and more dull compared to X but with better looking main character models, I'd say the trade off is worth it since the world of X looks really nice.

I don't know if this trade off comparison is accurate as the enemy designs and vehicle designs in X are as good as the environments, the characters are really the only let down from what I've seen but it seems to not affect all of them at that.

This still beats out GTAV easily.

Zekkyou said:

They don't look much better than those in SO4 to me, a game that released almost 6 years ago on the 360. The models in SO4 aren't particularly good either (they creep me out too lol):

(let me know if you have a better quality close up shot of X, this was the best i could find. There are plenty of full body ones to compare on google though).

X on the whole would certainly not be possible on the PS3 or 360 (and X itself obviously looks much better than SO4), but the models are a let down when they can be matched by a 6 year old game. Still, i think they're perfectly acceptable. Even if i dislike the faces.

If you think they're great then that's fine, but they're their certainly not on a level the PS3 and 360 "could only dream off". 

Those anime based faces look the same everywhere but the bodies are far above ps360 level. for example, the little details on the clothes use polygons while ps360 games use textures (and low res ones).