By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POTENTIAL MEGATON: Xenoblade Chronicles X to run at 60fps?!?!

Nintendo knows how to use their hardware to its fullest. I don't se why the game wouldn't reach 1080p-60fps.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Nintendo knows how to use their hardware to its fullest. I don't se why the game wouldn't reach 1080p-60fps.

They might be able to use Wii U's hardware to its fullest but that isn't enough for it to run this game at 1080p60fps especially since much less demanding games like MK8 ran at 720p.

pokoko said:
It's an RPG. How much can it possibly matter.

These are my thoughts. I also wouldn't trust youtube uploads all that much. I attributed the stutters to that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I have eyes that are used to 1080p 60FPS, that ain't it, it's 720p and lower than 60FPS even if the video format is 1080p 60FPS

Looks like it's 30FPS and tbh the game looks sub-par imo. It's okay since we consider it's quite open and on WiiU

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
Materia-Blade said:
Zekkyou said:
Materia-Blade said:

The character models are great, the faces problem is more due to artstyle but I think their hair is the problematic area.

I wouldn't call them great, but aside from the faces they're perfectly acceptable. Nothing worth praising, but nothing really worth complaining about either. I totally understand the criticism towards the faces though. Regardless to if it's artistic of technical, they look pretty dodgy

the characters bodies are something ps360 could only dream of (especially the more important characters, like elma), so they look great to me.

It seems you haven't played a PS3 game since 2007. Here are some character models in PS3 exclusives, which look way better than anything in this game.

There is a trade off, not exactly a good comparison, maybe GTA5 is better.

The video is 60 fps. The footage is not.

spemanig said:

I was watching the XCX trailer again, when I noticed something... Different. The gameplay was... Smooth!? What! No way! It can't be! I checked the settings, and low and behold, the trailer was running at 60fps!

Now I'm not sure that the framerate is stable as it didn't seem as smooth as real 60fps videos, but what they showed was definitely NOT 30fps! What is this black magic! What does this mean for XCX and Zelda U!?

Here's the 60fps trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpNXhzscjQ&spfreload=10

God bless you if you can make this happen Nintendo.

for my money, xenoblade was the most next-gen title of last generation. even on the humble wii. i expect xenoblade x will similarly be a technical marvel.

dahuman said:

Yeah, no...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
dahuman said:

Yeah, no...

That's what I'm saying though, it's a much better comparison, now people can see how bad the character models look in X compared to GTA5 since they are both pretty open, using games like God of War or Uncharted is fucking stupid and is ironic considering his nick name.