By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POTENTIAL MEGATON: Xenoblade Chronicles X to run at 60fps?!?!

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:
GTA V is a very small game though compared to XBX.

Lol @ people calling this subpar. Show me one game on PS3 with a similar scope, good luck!

The characters can look subpar even if there's nothing similar to compare them to. Your lot say it's a design choice. Great! That doesn't mean everyone has to agree that the design choice looks good. -__-

I never said anything about characters. Who the fuck cares? You're going to stare at their butts 99% of the time. I'm talking about the scope and environments of the game.

Characters look like a Wii game yes, but that's a small part of the game.

You never said anything about that directly. But the fucking comparison with GTA5, to which you fucking replied, was made to compare the fucking characters.

GTA V ---> loads of human models

XBX ---> loads of huge alien creatures.

Different priorities.

GTA V's human models would look bad as well if it had the same scale and scope as XBX. Plus GTA V had a much bigger budget.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
Materia-Blade said:

the characters bodies are something ps360 could only dream of (especially the more important characters, like elma), so they look great to me.

It seems you haven't played a PS3 game since 2007. Here are some character models in PS3 exclusives, which look way better than anything in this game.

Elma's 3d model, wich seems to be the best in XCX so far, doesn't have low polygon areas (except the hair, maybe) and doesn't have blurry texture parts either. general XCX characters are also superior to general/above general ps360 characters.

Ninsect said:
dahuman said:

There is a trade off, not exactly a good comparison, maybe GTA5 is better.

Yeah, no...

a possible bullshot vs image from old trailer won't compare anything.

Quality on characters seems to vary but it seems the better models beat out GTAV by a good margin.

These are also from the E3 build and not the recent one shown in the ND.

Personally I don't think it's 60FPS, at least in the trailer some of the movement actually seemed quite jerky, it doesn't matter though too me if I'm honest, I wouldn't even say it's impressive graphically, but that's not the point of this game, it's a huge world, you play with mechs, fight local epicly huge life forms and enjoy the story.
If possible lock it at 30FPS, even if it's 720p, provided the game's big, pretty densely packed with things to do and the gameplay's on point that's all that matters too me.

I'm not getting a Wii U for the graphics (though Zelda does look pretty and I love it's art style), I'm getting one later this year as a complement to my PS4 and to enjoy the rich library of exclusives.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:

Those anime based faces look the same everywhere but the bodies are far above ps360 level. for example, the little details on the clothes use polygons while ps360 games use textures (and low res ones).

Little details like that are barley worth mentioning (and also exist in SO4; go take a look at some full body screens. There are a few in that screen in-fact). They require barley a handful of polygons. 

The fact remains i'm able to make a pretty close comparison between many of XCX's characters and those from a game that looked pretty outdated 6 years ago. I doubt you'd find many people that would believe you were comparing different gens here (purely based on the models).

Anyway, if you're somehow impressed by them then that's your business. I'm curious to know though, if you find the models in XCX "great", what word would you use to describe the motion captured 120k models in infamous? ^^

Zekkyou said:

They don't look much better than those in SO4 to me, a game that released almost 6 years ago on the 360. The models in SO4 aren't particularly good either (they creep me out too lol):

Not that I disagree with the point you were making, but this always baffles me. If SO4 were released 2 years ago on the 360 the character models would probably be similar to what they looked like 6 years ago on the 360. I understand it was to emphaize a point, but it kind of exaggerates that point. Yeah, I know there is optimization and all, but I doubt there would be that much of a difference.  Character models have always been substandard for Xeno games compared to other games on the console. I don't see why people are fretting about this. 

I honestly don't care too much about that. Let Monolith do their job.

And the trailer made my jaw drop, literally. So beautiful.

Zekkyou said:
Materia-Blade said:

Those anime based faces look the same everywhere but the bodies are far above ps360 level. for example, the little details on the clothes use polygons while ps360 games use textures (and low res ones).

Little details like that are barley worth mentioning (and also exist in SO4; go take a look at some full body screens. There are a few in that screen in-fact). They require barley a handful of polygons. 

The fact remains i'm able to make a pretty close comparison between many of XCX's characters and those from a game that looked pretty outdated 6 years ago. I doubt you'd find many people that would believe you were comparing different gens here (purely based on the models).

Anyway, if you're somehow impressed by them then that's your business. I'm curious to know though, if you find the models in XCX "great", what word would you use to describe the motion captured 120k models in infamous? ^^

First, I'm honestly surprised with the high quality of SO4 main characters, when compared to general ps360 graphics. But I'd still say XCX raises the level over SO4, especially on the likes of elma.

sc94597 said:

Not that I disagree with the point you were making, but this always baffles me. If SO4 were released 2 years ago on the 360 the character models would probably be similar to what they looked like 6 years ago on the 360. I understand it was to emphaize a point, but it kind of exaggerates that point. Yeah, I know there is optimization and all, but I doubt there would be that much of a difference.  Character models have always been substandard for Xeno games compared to other games on the console. I don't see why people are fretting about this. 

Perhaps not in SO4 (we'll never know), but the standard for "good" models in 2009 was certainly lower than it was by 2013/2014. The 7th gen saw an unusually large in-gen visual jump (due to various factors, but that's a whole different an of worms), especially with models and animation. Since he implied that XCX had models that the PS3 and 360 could "only dream of", i felt it was necessary to add context to the model i was using in comparison (which i pick since it was the most similar, graphically and artistically, i could find to that in XCX).

I agree with your last point though. XCX simply has different priories than many games. It can't be expected to match the quality of models like those in TLOU. Heck, there are many WiiU titles much more deserving of praise in respect to models. 3D World/MK8 in particular. The models may not be that technically impressive in either (at least not relative to their generation), but they're stunningly efficient.