By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POTENTIAL MEGATON: Xenoblade Chronicles X to run at 60fps?!?!

sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:
Samus Aran said:
GTA V is a very small game though compared to XBX.

Hahahha...not sure if serious.

XBX will be 100-125 square miles in size.
Now why do you only come in the Nintendo discussion to post negative stuff? I've never seen you post something positive here.

How do you know that? They seem to be aiming for about 5 times more than Xenoblade (to accomodate for mech speed) which was somewhere between 10-15 sq mi from what we've seen of calculations. That is 50 - 75 square miles. Somewhere betwen 1.5 - 2 times the size of GTA V. 

Xenoblade was between 20-25 square miles.

Around the Network

I would hope it runs at 60 fps looking like that...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:
Samus Aran said:

Now why do you only come in the Nintendo discussion to post negative stuff? I've never seen you post something positive here.

How do you know that? They seem to be aiming for about 5 times more than Xenoblade (to accomodate for mech speed) which was somewhere between 10-15 sq mi from what we've seen of calculations. That is 50 - 75 square miles. Somewhere betwen 1.5 - 2 times the size of GTA V. 

Can you support your claim? 

JustBeingReal said:
Materia-Blade said:

Elma's 3d model, wich seems to be the best in XCX so far, doesn't have low polygon areas (except the hair, maybe) and doesn't have blurry texture parts either. general XCX characters are also superior to general/above general ps360 characters.

I'd argue that the textures and level of geometry seem lower in the best XCX character models vs those PS3 exclusive character models or the scenery, but XCX is an open world game, made on a system with about 2X the horsepower of PS3 and more modern feature set, so you can't expect better IQ than the best linear PS3 titles in an open world game on Wii U.

IQ? we weren't talking about artificial inteligence but it should be easy to get better AI than ps360 games. also, wii u should have at least 3x the horsepower of ps3, otherwise it wouldn't be running it's games as it is..

Materia-Blade said:
JustBeingReal said:
Materia-Blade said:

Elma's 3d model, wich seems to be the best in XCX so far, doesn't have low polygon areas (except the hair, maybe) and doesn't have blurry texture parts either. general XCX characters are also superior to general/above general ps360 characters.

I'd argue that the textures and level of geometry seem lower in the best XCX character models vs those PS3 exclusive character models or the scenery, but XCX is an open world game, made on a system with about 2X the horsepower of PS3 and more modern feature set, so you can't expect better IQ than the best linear PS3 titles in an open world game on Wii U.

IQ? we weren't talking about artificial inteligence but it should be easy to get better AI than ps360 games. also, wii u should have at least 3x the horsepower of ps3, otherwise it wouldn't be running it's games as it is..

Image Quality, but he used it in the wrong context for whatever reason. 

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:
Samus Aran said:

I read it on some thread here a while ago where they showed all the calculations.

Takahashi on X: "Vehicles are called Dolls. They are 5 Times larger than a person. So to get the same feel as Xenoblade Chronicles, the map would need to be 5 times bigger. The game world in X is in fact even bigger than that."

XBX will be at least 5 times bigger than XB.

Ninsect said:
Materia-Blade said:

Uhm, no way if you're talking about ND and Kratos lol. Let's look at XCX characters again:

You can see the polygons by looking at their shoulders, for example...How can you claim this is any better than last gen? If these characters had come out last gen I'd honestly have thought they were sub-par back then and now they look even more sub-par.

If by "their", you mean "his", referring to the middle aged guy, then yes. he isn't a party member, wich means it's normal for him to have less detail than the main characters behind him.

Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:
Samus Aran said:

I read it on some thread here a while ago where they showed all the calculations.

Takahashi on X: "Vehicles are called Dolls. They are 5 Times larger than a person. So to get the same feel as Xenoblade Chronicles, the map would need to be 5 times bigger. The game world in X is in fact even bigger than that."

XBX will be at least 5 times bigger than XB.

And I actually posted a thread that calculates 12 sqmi, with probably a 20% error.

pokoko said:
It's an RPG. How much can it possibly matter.

I don't know. From what I've seen, the bigger battles can get pretty busy and hectic. I think it would matter.

sc94597 said:

And I actually posted a thread that calculates 12 sqmi, with probably a 20% error.

He made errors, didn't even include all areas in the game, so sorry if I don't take it serious.
20% error makes his calculations statistcally irrelevant anyway.