By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft Pocket Edition (mobile) has SOLD over 30m units

Mr.Playstation said:
Seece said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Check this site its downloaded not bought.

Site:venturebeat.com/2015/01/12/minecraft-pocket-edition-hits-30-million-downloads

Did you even bother reading what you just linked?

"This is a true sales landmark as Minecraft: Pocket Edition is a paid premium game, priced at $7 on iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Amazon Kindle Fire."

Give it up, it's SOLD just like they're specfically saying.

"Minecraft: Pocket Edition recently crossed over the 30 million downloads mark....". Downloaded doesn't equel sold just like shipped doesn't sequel sold.

are you living under the assumptions this is a free to play game?

Because its not. To download you have to buy.

Around the Network

Its also the 6th, 1st and 3rd most downloaded game on PSN last month across each PS Platform

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/12/playstation-store-charts-december-gtav-minecraft-fifa-take-holiday-top-spots/

Mr.Playstation said:
Wait! On the play store it says that Minecraft has sold 5Million units and unless iOS and windows phone together bought 25 million I highly doubt it sold 30 million.

20m+ on iOS easily

Ninsect said:
JayWood2010 said:
Ninsect said:

PC is 18.1m+ as of now. 360 likely around 15m or more. PS4 should be around 3m, PS3 5m+, XB1 around 1.5-2m, PSV around 1m.

As for the 100m question: In my eyes it's 100% certain lol. It can go on to sell 150m+ if it wants to.

Isnt the 18.1m figure old for PC?(EDIT:  18,1m is correct)  I feel like that was announced over a year ago. Before Minecraft Retail came out for X360 it had over or close to 10m downloads. Its sold 7m at retail so yeah 15M+ sounds about right for X360.  I have no idea about the rest.  Im sure we will get an announcement at some point though

Xenostar said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Seece said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Check this site its downloaded not bought.

Site:venturebeat.com/2015/01/12/minecraft-pocket-edition-hits-30-million-downloads

Did you even bother reading what you just linked?

"This is a true sales landmark as Minecraft: Pocket Edition is a paid premium game, priced at $7 on iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Amazon Kindle Fire."

Give it up, it's SOLD just like they're specfically saying.

"Minecraft: Pocket Edition recently crossed over the 30 million downloads mark....". Downloaded doesn't equel sold just like shipped doesn't sequel sold.

are you living under the assumptions this is a free to play game?

Because its not. To download you have to buy.

Yes, but after you bought it you can download it how many times you want without paying a cent.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:

Yes, but after you bought it you can download it how many times you want without paying a cent.

Can you just stop?  Im sorry but as many people has already pointed out, it very clearly says bought.  So stop.  

JayWood2010 said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Can you just stop?  Im sorry but as many people has already pointed out, it very clearly says bought.  So stop.  

Okay Fine, I already posted that I now agree that it was sold. I was just stating the fact that ounce one buys an app he can download it how many times he wants without paying a cent. Seesh.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Xenostar said:
Its also the 6th, 1st and 3rd most downloaded game on PSN last month across each PS Platform

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/12/playstation-store-charts-december-gtav-minecraft-fifa-take-holiday-top-spots/

#2, #1, #1 in the US

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

filthy casual kids under 12
and wanna be youtubers

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Wow, it just keeps selling. MS was probably most interested in tapping into the huge amount of minecraft mobile fans when they bought Mojang. Hopefully we see MS develop more apps on all mobile platforms.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54