By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Majora's Mask 3D outsell the original?

Will Majora's Mask 3D outsell the N64 version?

Yes. 121 57.35%

No. 72 34.12%

See results. 18 8.53%

Total:211

OOT 3D was not a launch title. Just saying...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Whoops, my bad. Just looked it up and it came out a couple months after 3DS launch. I'll edit my post.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Id say it will sell about the same as its N64 counterpart. It can sell more if it does have a longer shelf life.

Although Majoras Mask on the 64 was one of the last games on the console before the GC came out and 3DS has a much bigger install base.
So it very well could sell more on the 3DS.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Skullwaker said:
KLXVER said:

Whoops, my bad. Just looked it up and it came out a couple months after 3DS launch. I'll edit my post.

launch window, tho... i think it's fair to say most 3ds early adopters also picked it up.

That would be quite the achivement, but it won't happen!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

There's a lot of hype and a lot of newcomers, we'll see.

No just over 2mil LT

Switch!!!

I say yes. Bigger install base helps and there plenty of people who know they missed out with regards to skipping MM.

Don't forget: OoT 3D released in the same time frame as Skyward Sword. Unless Nintendo has some major surprise with regards to Zelda WiiU's release, MM3D should have a good few months without competition.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Ezquimacore said:
There's a lot of hype and a lot of newcomers, we'll see.

I agree, there seem to be a lot of hype going on with it now, plus newcomers, plus the larger install base.

The limited edition bundle is getting a lot of attention as well. The USA preorders are doing quite well right now too.

Then you factor in the changes being made to make it a bit more accesible to people. 

I still don't think it will match it, but I can see it seeling upwards of 3 million.

it may do it. 3ds is very sucessfull and this one doesn't need an acessory.