By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Majora's Mask 3D outsell the original?

Will Majora's Mask 3D outsell the N64 version?

Yes. 121 57.35%

No. 72 34.12%

See results. 18 8.53%

Total:211

Nah I don't think so. Even Ocarina itself, a game much, much more well known which also enjoys a much higher general opinion, could only barely outsell Majora's Mask's original sales. I'd say about 2-2.5m for MM3D. Nintendo needs to update A Link Between Worlds sales (which were 300k higher almost a year ago than what VGC claims right now), but I'm not expecting Majora's Mask will outsell that game either.

Around the Network

It probably won't.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I'd say it's a very strong possibility. The 3DS install base is now way bigger than the N64's ever was, this doesn't require on add on accessory to play like the original did, and MM's reputation in the industry has gotten way better with time than it was initially. So yeah, it really should outsell the N64 version.

I don't think so...
Oot 3D is much more popular, and it only outsold MM by a small margin
I see MM3D selling around 2-3m lft

Hey I am in the op!

I don't think so unfortunately. It's the 3rd Zelda game released for 3DS, so I think it might sell slightly below ALBW or match it depending on how well Nintendo markets it.

Around the Network

OoT has been played by a LOT more people and a LOT more zelda fans. I myself have never played MM once and I'd LOVE to be able to play it now!

Dulfite said:
OoT has been played by a LOT more people and a LOT more zelda fans. I myself have never played MM once and I'd LOVE to be able to play it now!

It's awesome, one of the greatest Zelda games imo. You're going to love it!

Hiku said:

It launched for $50, and very few games on N64 made use of it, let alone required it.

So if you didn't already have it, then Majora's Mask would cost you $50 + $60 = $110.

I think that's a very important factor that needs to be considered. Perhaps OP could edit it into his opening post?
MM 3D launches for only $40. And there seems to be a lot of hype and awareness behind it this time.

I'll say it has a chance of surpassing the original MM in sales, but I get the feeling that it won't.

Done! Thanks for the heads up. I totally forgot the expansion pack was a thing. Looking back, it kinda makes the original's sales a little impressive, all things considered. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I see it selling between 2-2.5m

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

No one cares about Majora's Mask. It probably won't reach 2 million.