By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted Series ( specifically 3) Vs Tomb Raider 2013 (SPOILERS)

Which game do you think is the best

Tomb Raider 2013 23 28.05%

Uncharted 3 58 70.73%

Total:81

My Opinion on The Uncharted VS Tomb Raider 201 TIFF. Uncharted games are better vs Tomb Raider 2013.

First and foremost, Uncharted is more original than Tomb Raider. Stay with me, Uncharted yes no doubt was influenced by Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones, however the key word was: influence. Tomb Raider 2013 was a gritty clone of Uncharted games, CLONE. Gameplay wise: tomb raider 2013 hands , however playing the original tr its feels nothing like it , but like an uncharted clone , uncharted gameplay has its own identity , tr 2013 took way too much of it and lost its own, there aren't puzzles to be found in the main story.

Traditionally Tomb Raider isn't cinematic it is puzzle and action explorer game focused on tomb raiding , uncharted is an action focused , with some puzzling , in tr 2013 tomb raiding and exploration are afterthought, uncharted platforming isn't the best but still much better than TR 2013 for me. MULTIPLAYER : TR 2013 Multiplayer is really bad Uncharted 2 & 3 sh!t on it .

The Writing and Characterization , hands down Uncharted , its too terrible in TR 2013. The stereotypical characters are laughable - spiritual native american, angry black woman, white humorous young dude, unethical scientist guy, drunk Irish guy, big dude who fishes and works on the ship... called Jonah etc. Is it just me or was Alex's death the most funniest thing ever? "I wanted to impress you Laura. I JUST WANTED YOU TO LIKE ME!!"

The writing around lara sometimes: "LARA. YOU'RE A STRONG WOMAN. BE STRONG. STRONG" "LARA, YOU'RE A WOMAN AND ARE STRONG. BE A WOMAN. BE STRONG!" "LARA, YOU CAN DO THIS YOU'RE A WOMAN!!!!!" Like, I get it, Lara is a woman, and she's strong. You don't need to remind me via dialogue every 5 seconds, especially while she's going through some of that VERY rough shit at the beginning. "I cant shoot someone" 5 minutes later - Killed 1000 guys Rambo style.

Sure drake kills a lot but his character dev doesn't revolve around it , lara went on and on about the deer and the 1st guy she killed , it went 0 to 100 real quick- too f#cking quick.

Graphics :Personally I'd say Uncharted for its time was more impressive but TR is has better graphics so I'd go with TR Level Design : Uncharted 3 for me beats TR hands down , TR has good level design too IMO now before you tell me it's a thrill ride it's a game, TR 2013 was narrative focused , and the narrative was really really poor.

I enjoyed it but for me the uncharted series is superior.

-Just my 2 cents

Around the Network

Major TR spoilers man...

i didnt play uncharted. none of them.
but i played TR2013, and i loved it.

the weapon upgrade, the abilities upgrade, the optional tombs, the exploration, the open world(you know, you can go back to an area with a new ability and explore the new area that you couldnt before, feels like metroidvania), the bow(i love bowds), the lara desing!

just love it.
which of these elements does uncharted have?

Emperorbach said:
My Opinion on The Uncharted VS Tomb Raider 201 TIFF.

Uncharted games are better vs Tomb Raider 2013. First and foremost Uncharted is more original than Tomb Raider , stay with me , Uncharted yes no doubt was influenced by Tomb Raider And Indiana Jones , however the key word was influence , Tomb Raider 2013 was a gritty clone of Uncharted games, CLONE.

Gameplay wise: tomb raider 2013 hands , however playing the original tr its feels nothing like it , but like an uncharted clone , uncharted gameplay has its own identity , tr 2013 took way too much of it and lost its own, there aren't puzzles to be found in the main story. Traditionally Tomb Raider isn't cinematic it is puzzle and action explorer game focused on tomb raiding , uncharted is an action focused , with some puzzling , in tr 2013 tomb raiding and exploration are afterthought, uncharted platforming isn't the best but still much better than TR 2013 for me.

MULTIPLAYER : TR 2013 Multiplayer is really bad Uncharted 2 & 3 sh!t on it .

The Writing and Characterization , hands down Uncharted , its too terrible in TR 2013. The stereotypical characters are laughable - spiritual native american, angry black woman, white humorous young dude, unethical scientist guy, drunk Irish guy, big dude who fishes and works on the ship... called Jonah etc. Is it just me or was Alex's death the most funniest thing ever? "I wanted to impress you Laura. I JUST WANTED YOU TO LIKE ME!!" The writing around lara sometimes: "LARA. YOU'RE A STRONG WOMAN. BE STRONG. STRONG" "LARA, YOU'RE A WOMAN AND ARE STRONG. BE A WOMAN. BE STRONG!" "LARA, YOU CAN DO THIS YOU'RE A WOMAN!!!!!" Like, I get it, Lara is a woman, and she's strong. You don't need to remind me via dialogue every 5 seconds, especially while she's going through some of that VERY rough shit at the beginning. "I cant shoot someone" 5 minutes later - Killed 1000 guys Rambo style. sure drake kills alot but his character dev doesn't revolve around it , lara went on and on about the deer and the 1st guy she killed , it went 0 to 100 real quick , too fvcking quick

Graphics :Personally I'd say Uncharted for its time was more impressive but TR is has better graphics so I'd go with TR Level Design : Uncharted 3 for me beats TR hands down , TR has good level design too IMO now before you tell me it's a thrill ride it's a game, TR 2013 was narrative focused , and the narrative was really really poor, I enjoyed it but for me the uncharted series is superior. Just my 2 cents

I enjoyed both for very different reasons and think both could learn from the other. I would give the edge to Uncharted though as had more moments that stuck with me.

Some structure...

in your text..

get it.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

Parts of Tomb Raider just don't feel right to me. I get that it's an action game, but this lady gets seriously punished during the game. It's borderline sadistic fetish, and it's so predictable at times, you're like "oh look a ladder...bet it's going to break" - or "hey there's something falling from the sky, bet it's going to fall on me"
It's like those scenes at the end of some videogames where everything is crumbling and you have to escape. Except in TR, it's the whole game. And of course, even if you do make it past the event, LC smacks into a wall at 20 miles per hour, or lands on a spike, or is otherwise brutally injured in a way that would be fatal to most people.

There were instances like these in Uncharted as well, but mostly they were man-made pitfalls, not the whims of happenstance.

-Edited the OP to make it easier to read. Apologies if you had begun to do so yourself.

Uncharted 2 is hands down the best in the series. I enjoyed every single mission especially the set pieces (probably the best in gaming history), locations and overall story arc.

Uncharted 3 however was a big melodramatic steaming pile of shit. Hated every single mission apart from the kidnap/sinking ship mission mid way through the game.

Tomb Raider has the better gameplay, but I Uncharted 2 was the better game. I too found the girl power crap in TR to be annoying, but not more annoying than Nolan North playing Nolan North as another generic cocky american smart arse. U3 had just as much melodrama as TR. 

jonathanalis said:
i didnt play uncharted. none of them.
but i played TR2013, and i loved it.

the weapon upgrade, the abilities upgrade, the optional tombs, the exploration, the open world(you know, you can go back to an area with a new ability and explore the new area that you couldnt before, feels like metroidvania), the bow(i love bowds), the lara desing!

just love it.
which of these elements does uncharted have?

Almost all the extras are very well done, but the upgrades are a bit underwhelming. A lot of them are really useless, or unnecessary...I'd say in the realm of 80%. Like recover arrows from bodies you kill with the bow. Like, what use is that? There's arrows lying on the ground everywhere in this game.

There shouldn't have been a map telling you where all the secret items were. There should have been an exploration tree that you upgraded to find it. Proximity sensors, increased rewards, bonuses for finding secret items like duration increased health or speed.

When you end up just having a lot of scrap metal to spend on a bunch of random perks, it doesn't really improve the gameplay. You might as well just make them new pickups. At times I would just run by the campfire because it didn't really matter.

Oh lord..

The spoilers aren't that serious because when the guy that looks like Nathan Drake dies, you wont really care..

Neither will you really care for the other characters besides Lara for that matter.

Tomb Raiders tried to do it's story telling exactly like Uncharted but Uncharteds was a bit better obviously.

I liked Uncharted more but things that were better in Tomb Raider was the listen/detect mode( its Called Listen mode in The Last Of Us), weapon/ character upgrade enhancement system, The Optional Tombs and being able to react to wildlife.

I want Uncharted 4 to have these ESPECIALLY the wildlife rinteraction and optional Tombs. It would be a travesty for Uncharted 4 to be on that big ass island without some kind of optional Tombs.. or "Uncharted Caves" as I like to call the would-be optional Tombs in the next Uncharted.

I loved the fact that there were optionsl/secret tombs in Tomb Raider but they also dissapointing because they were over before they started.

And the Wildlife interaction is just something that I need. I just need to be able to shoot the wildlife. That is all that I ask for

UC4 already has the Listen mode so we're good there. I personally want there to be some kind of weapon/character enhancement system but some people claim that they dont care for it. I would also prefer it to be more like how it is in The Last Of Us more so than how it is in Tomb Raider.

Uncharted 4's gameplay looked better than Tomb Raider 2013 and Uncharted 1,2 and 3 but it still need these things imo. 

I made a thread about this a while ago