By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA V is the best selling Retail game of all time!

GTA is the best selling retail game of all time!!!

No point acknowledging a game like wii where its 80% bundled. No way of determining how much many people went out of their way to buy it and so it removes all meaning from the achievement.

Around the Network
teigaga said:

No point acknowledging a game like wii where its 80% bundled. No way of determining how much many people went out of their way to buy it and so it removes all meaning from the achievement.

or you could give jack its jacket and give wii sports the recognition it deserves.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

The Title is pure Gold. GTA V sold well? Yeah, no shit, Sherlock!

Probably not the Most sold of all time, but chances are it made the Most revenue. I mean it's still selling for Full Price (69.99 € @ PlayStation Store in Europe, that's friggin 90 $!) After all that time. And it's not done yet, still very present in the Charts and #1 in PlayStation Store. Including digital and upcoming PC Sales, 60 Million should not be impossible and 50 Million are Pretty much a given right now. Very Impressive indeed.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

You can't say it's the best selling game of all time when it's not. If we're going to split hairs here, if your argument is that Wii Sports can't be counted because it was bundled, then GTAV can't be counted because you're taking into consideration its sales on 4 different consoles, with a combined install base much higher than the Wii.

It sold extremely well, but it's not the best selling.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Just going to keep selling too as more people get the PS4 and Xbox One.

Around the Network

Edit thread title to "Best selling game of all time (revenue)"

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I certainly agree with the part that Wii Sports wouldn't have sold more.
It was never bundled in Japan and "only" 29.5% of all Japanese Wii owners bought the game.
If we use the same percentage for the whole Wii install base, the result would be 29.8m.

Overrated game.

uran10 said:
teigaga said:

or you could give jack its jacket and give wii sports the recognition it deserves.

Nope. Wii sports was insanely huge, I'm not taking that away. Simply saying when a game is bundled with every piece of hardware in NA/Europe you can't say it ''deserves'' the sales it recieved because it didn't necessarily earn them in the first place. 

But thats just how I feel about...

Good to see thread title changed to one that's accurate (if a bit dull).

Everyone can see how impressive it is to be the best selling retail/console game other than Wii Sports, no need to try to make excuses and twist words to call it something that it isn't.