By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA V is the best selling Retail game of all time!

Chazore said:
Looks like Minecraft currently holds that title, also I'd expect the PC version to sell quite a lot once it releases instead of a mere "few units".

Tetris holds that title and probably always will.

Around the Network

There's wii sports, tetris, and minecraft that are all ahead of it still. GTAV is number 4, which is still incredibly impressive.

fleischr said:
Dr.Vita said:
spurgeonryan said:
Wii sports?

I don't count it and you also shouldn't. It was sold with every Wii 2-3 years.

Except it does. People didn't buy the Wii -- they bought Wii Sports, which happened to be bundled with the console. :P

That doesn't make any sense since other major Nintendo games pushed the system massively (MKWii, NSMBWii, Wii Fit) and Wii Sports rode the wave

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I wonder if "The Playroom" will end up with bigger "sales" than Wii Sports, as it comes with every PS4.

Changed thread title to save you some hassle.

Please be more careful. I had to change a thread title of yours yesterday too.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

I wonder if "The Playroom" will end up with bigger "sales" than Wii Sports, as it comes with every PS4.

But it's digital!

Oh, Minecraft and Tetris are too?

But hey, it's a free game!

Oh, Wii Sports was too?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I love seeing all you guys fight over this dead horse. So cute *-*

OT: Incredible numbers. While not the best selling game ever, it is an amazing achievement. In this day and age, selling that amount without heavy bundling and at the 60$ price point is pretty much impossible, so kudos to Rockstar.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

PS3 probably outsold GTA san adreas(PS2) if includes digital copies.PS3 have a little more than half of the PS2 install base.Pretty good right?!

Kresnik said:
Changed thread title to save you some hassle.

Please be more careful. I had to change a thread title of yours yesterday too.

That freaking awesome thread title change =P

Those people that are saying Wii Sports is the best selling game of all time, are forgetting the game Snake, Hundreds of millions of copies sold, it also came with a free phone as well [wink]

Snake 1,000,000,000+
Wii Sports 100,000,000