By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My biggest disappointment about the WiiU is not sales or games, it is that it was not truly Next Gen like they promised!

Spurge do you play any other consoles?

Around the Network

I can't tell if this is a troll thread or not (is that what people mean by "realising it was a spurge"?). If The Crew, Assassin's Creed Unity and remasters of games from the year before are what "troo next gen" is all about, I think I'll be fine sticking with my Wii U games, whatever they may be.

That's only cause The Devil's Third hasn't dropped yet. Best oil your jaw now cause that mud-puppy is about to come unhinged!

^^. While it would be nice for the Wii U to be more powerful and have more 3rd Party support, I'm happy with it as it is. I'll build myself a mid-range gaming PC for my other gaming needs (one that will do all the 1080p/60fps magicks)

Come on. MK 8 plays totally different than MK Wii. And you can still use the Steering Wheel !

You have real next gen features already: being able to communicate in unique ways on the MiiVerse including ScreenShot, Stamps (Nintendos way of Archivements) and even hand drawn messages. There is simply nothing which can much that on the other consoles.

There are still some features missing: what about backups of saved game data into a Nintendo cloud? Everybody who had to sent in the Wii U for repair will have experience some kind of worry about their precious data...

Game wise we are at the beginning of getting what the GamePad is able to offer on new experiences.

And when Nintendo gets its act together - we will see much more connected games where those connections between user and the generated content of them will be the centerpiece of gameplay.

Nintendo has shown again and again that it doesn't need enormous hardware power to create great and new gameplay. And they will do it again on the Wii U...

Around the Network

Comes with a HDMI cord === Next gen!

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

You see guys, leaving this thread aside (Rule Infringement! lol), don't you think is somewhat of a problem for a company like nintendo (get in their shoes) to see stuff like/ people saying things on this vein

-> ''Why couldn't Mario Kart have been more than a cut and paste Mario Kart Wii? They added gorgeous visuals that you can do nothing more with than steal a glance at when you are speeding by at 60 fps.'' ''Why not just make a HD port of F-Zero GX in the meantime for WiiU?'' '' (F-Zero) could easily do it using game pad, and just have an alternate view on theire, Just make it with great tracks, vehicles, online, etc''

Aren't those contradicted opinions? nintendo sure would have a hard time pleasing people, so, i imagine, that's why they chose to say fuck it and do what they freaking want despite everything it may cost them hahaha

pokoko said:
That's only cause The Devil's Third hasn't dropped yet. Best oil your jaw now cause that mud-puppy is about to come unhinged!

No offense but I don't get the reason for liking games like bayonetta 2 and devils third by Nintendo enthusiasts. Because when they criticize other systems like ps or xbox they say these type of games don't appeal to them. But when such a game becomes exclusive to Wii U it becomes attractive. Nintendo by all means make exclusives and I don't mind. But I don't get the dual mentality.

AC, TLOU, GTA are next gen in what way?

What Nintendo needs to do is release a game that requires constant online access to play even the single player content, and then make sure that their servers do not allow people to actually play their game for the first few months.

Love and tolerate.