By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What you think of gamers who afford every system, every gen?

theRepublic said:
I have to wonder how people have enough time to game so much. Life gets in the way.

Buying all systems doesn't necessarily mean you buy proportionally more games. If you only buy the really good ones or the ones you find interesting but don't look through preset glasses, you may end up buying less games than people who only one system but only get the "good" ones.

Around the Network

I can afford all the consoles but I don't believe owning more then one is necessary. 1 console is enough, they all have there great games and you can only play 1 at a time anyway. I game on PC and that is enough for me. You only have so much time and money.

theRepublic said:
I have to wonder how people have enough time to game so much. Life gets in the way.

Indeed.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

walsufnir said:
theRepublic said:

Buying all systems doesn't necessarily mean you buy proportionally more games. If you only buy the really good ones or the ones you find interesting but don't look through preset glasses, you may end up buying less games than people who only one system but only get the "good" ones.

So some people end up spending more on hardware and less on games.  I suppose that works for some people who want broad access to as many games as possible, even if they don't buy a lot.  I prefer spending as little as possible on hardware, and more on games.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

While one system always gets the most attention. It's nice having access to all the games! You never know when/where a gem will be found.

Around the Network

Disconnected all of my consoles for cleaning and decided to snap a pic.  Ouya is surprisingly awesome now that I know how to emulate!  

Doesn't really make much sense, but no one ever charged humans as being sensible.

I can easily afford all them, however it isn't worth tripling the cost to play maybe a couple of extra games. Plus who has that kind of time? Just a PS4 alone or even an X1 provides more than enough games...

The most common thread through this has been a lack of time. I too suffered from not enough time for gaming, then I wised up and hired someone to play the games for me. Now all that money I spent on systems and games doesn't go to waste, and my son gets to learn what it's like to have a job. Game, Set, and Match.

Ok for real though I, like most everyone else, do not have the time for all three (major) systems. I have quite the backlog (goes back to last gen still haven't even played TLO or spent any real time on GTA5) and at times I feel like I need to get through it, which then turns it into a chore. I have to step back and remind myself this is for entertainment purposes and feeling pressure from a backlog kind of defeats the purpose for me.