By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: The 500 Greatest Games

Samus Aran said:
st0pnsw0p said:
>SM64 #2
>OoT #1

How original.

Good enough list I guess, though I really have to question how Other M made it in.

SM64 is so average. Played it first in 2010. Nostalgia I guess?

I don't see many things more fun in the 3D platformer genre, really.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Lawlight said:
Is that the vote where people could vote multiple times?

You created a Top 50 list, then you wrote down your Top 50. Smeags compiled this list and gave points to each game in each list accordingly; 1 for #1, 2 for #2 etc., and 75 (?) for a game not appearing on the list. The 500 games with the fewest points are therefore in the thread. 

75 for a game not appearing on the list? Sounds iffy.

Metallox said:
Samus Aran said:
st0pnsw0p said:
>SM64 #2
>OoT #1

How original.

Good enough list I guess, though I really have to question how Other M made it in.

You must love bad camera in games... That's enough to ruin a platformer for me. Even the Prime games are better platformers and they're not trying to be platformers lol.

Also the level design is incredibly bland for a Mario game and LOL at those "bosses". I think you're insulting the 3D genre now. The original Crash trilogy is also better than SM64 imo.

Dang! I wasn't able to take part in this because of my busy schedule but awesome post.

Although, I did notice that Parasyte Eve had the Parasyte Eve II cover xD

Wright said:
TruckOSaurus said:

It's a strange trend where the Top 50 event seems to appeal more to Nintendo gamers than Sony/MS/PC gamers. Each year as there's more and more users submitting their lists, I think to myself that the Nintendomination will be reduced but it seems the number of participants didn't change things after all.

Doesn't necessarily mean to appeal to "Nintendo gamers", but rather, people who grew up with Nintendo. That's something that is stuck with us forever, as an integral part of our childhood; and such, those kind of games will never be removed from there because we look back to them with both love and nostalgia. It doesn't help that those games were (are?) also amazing.

It should also be noted that the fact that these games are still rated this highly, almost 20 years later, goes to show the quality and impact of them. Sure they feel a little dated, and thats because they are dated. But theyre still very replayable even to this day and they form a key part of many gamers history, even if the gamer themselves has moved on to other companys like sony and microsoft.

Around the Network

A shit ton of ninty games. I take it the majority of voters were ninty fans. Good effort smears, must have taken a lot of work

Metallox said:
Samus Aran said:
st0pnsw0p said:
>SM64 #2
>OoT #1

How original.

No offence, but you really need to play more (different?) 3D platformers then. And you can't blame it all on technical limitations of the time, the Crash games have aged way better than SM64 (although it's not as open as SM64).

Ka-pi96 said:
Lawlight said:
Conegamer said:
Lawlight said:
Is that the vote where people could vote multiple times?

You created a Top 50 list, then you wrote down your Top 50. Smeags compiled this list and gave points to each game in each list accordingly; 1 for #1, 2 for #2 etc., and 75 (?) for a game not appearing on the list. The 500 games with the fewest points are therefore in the thread. 

It makes a lot of sense actually. If lower scores are better than a game not appearing in someones top 50 kind of has to get a lot of points otherwise games that only appeared on 1 persons list would easily win.

Of course, the logical thing would be to assign 10 points to the #1, 9 points to the #2, etc. but I suppose the person who made the rules didn't think that through.

Lawlight said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Lawlight said:

It makes a lot of sense actually. If lower scores are better than a game not appearing in someones top 50 kind of has to get a lot of points otherwise games that only appeared on 1 persons list would easily win.

Of course, the logical thing would be to assign 10 points to the #1, 9 points to the #2, etc. but I suppose the person who made the rules didn't think that through.

Are you unhappy with the top few games by chance? The system is a bit different but it works perfectly fine.

wut? no atari 2600 gamez in da top 500!? wtf iz dis ****?!

Oh, well. At least there are some in the "Games of the Decade" section :/