By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One back at $399

well its still 329 at amazon so who knows how much that will help with th X1s january NPD, could it be a tie? maybe? i dont know how many more consoles amazon will sell at that price so who knows...

Around the Network
estebxx said:
well its still 329 at amazon so who knows how much that will help with th X1s january NPD, could it be a tie? maybe? i dont know how many more consoles amazon will sell at that price so who knows...

If they are the only ones selling it at that price i doubt it'll last long, as most people will buy it there instead of other stores, so unless Amazon is sitting on an entire warehouse of them, they'll go out soon-ish

LudicrousSpeed said:
babuks said:
This makes those people wrong who thought Microsoft had deep pockets to do whatever they wanted, but surely they did not. Those insane holiday deals were some desperate attempts to gain marketshare and I have to say that they have succeeded.

MS does have deep pockets and can do whatever they want to throw money away. Apparently they don't want to sell the Xbone at $350 during the slower times of the year when they can sell a comparable amount of consoles for $50 more.

you made me spit my coffee. Shame on you

OT: this is silly. They must have been taking significant losses to raise it back up. It looks like they are still bundleing the games tho. I wonder if they will keep this bundle or if its just leftover stock. Good job MS on great end of 14 sales tho.

Galahaddy said:
estebxx said:

If they are the only ones selling it at that price i doubt it'll last long, as most people will buy it there instead of other stores, so unless Amazon is sitting on an entire warehouse of them, they'll go out soon-ish

yeah, thats why i said i didnt knew how many consoles they would sell at that price since everyone with common sense would just buy it from them.

CGI-Quality said:
I wish I could find the thread where folks laughed at me when I called the promo temporary. Microsoft sang that song from every mountain they could! There was no reason to believe otherwise.

In regards to them losing money @ $349.99, I suspect, but can't confirm, that.

Well, we can keep expecting them to drop the price... let's see how long it will take...

Vanilla at 350 probably break even or made small loss, but with 2 games bundled it certainly lost money.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Fusioncode said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

MS does have deep pockets and can do whatever they want to throw money away. Apparently they don't want to sell the Xbone at $350 during the slower times of the year when they can sell a comparable amount of consoles for $50 more.

But it isn't a comparable amount. PS4 got a 1.1m lead in the "slow months". 

Oh man that's awesome but I said nothing about the PS4.

Oh are you talking about selling comparably to the higher price? That's even worse!

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Fusioncode said:

But it isn't a comparable amount. PS4 got a 1.1m lead in the "slow months". 

Oh man that's awesome but I said nothing about the PS4.

Oh are you talking about selling comparably to the higher price? That's even worse!

It all depend on the ruler used.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

There's probably no point for anyone in getting the console until black Friday or holiday this year. We will see a permanent cut at e3 and a halo 5 black Friday bundle possibly even cheaper. $300 maybe

They actually went through with it. It would not surprise me if they sell more consoles weekly thanks to this strong holiday season but the PS4 is gonna take advantage spike is price. It would be mind blowing if the PS4 reduced their price before E3.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

DonFerrari said:
Fusioncode said:
Can't way I understand this move. The only way they're going to beat the PS4 in the US is with a price advantage. Why go back to parity?

And no, don't bring up the profit argument. Profit margins are not very high on Microsoft's list of priorities with the Xbox division.

Xbox isn't in the list of priorities of MS at all as said by Nadella.

Actually Nadella stated multiple times the importance of the Xbox brand to Microsoft and it's consumer electronics division (which Xbox is under). It's the most important of all of them. And he believes Xbox will keep Microsoft in the minds of consumers.