By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I love how people are reacting to this as if the X1 went back to its original price of $499... it's still only $399, which is what its initial "Kinect-free" SKU was starting in the 2nd half of last year, and sales picked up considerable over the sluggish 1st half where it was still $499 with a brief $50 off promo period when Titanfall was released.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
I love how people are reacting to this as if the X1 went back to its original price of $499... it's still only $399, which is what its initial "Kinect-free" SKU was starting in the 2nd half of last year, and sales picked up considerable over the sluggish 1st half where it was still $499 with a brief $50 off promo period when Titanfall was released.

That is because... at 400 without free game deals it have sold poorly (like half of PS4 in USA).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Welp... Now we wait and see how much of an impact the price raise will make. Granted, the SKU is a bundle, not the standalone console, so at least it'll not suffer the same baseline as it did last year.

I can only assume the same people thinking Xbox sales are suddenly going to drop dead after selling 6m in under 4 months were the same people who predicted Wii U would continually dominate after MK8 gave it a 5k advantage for a few weeks -_-

With the line up this year and the momentum from the holiday (most people buy consoles their friends have), there is no way X1 sales going to be ''terrible''. Its simply not happening.

And those who seem to think Xbox Brand exists simply loose money, they're business so automatically no. Sure at some point Microsoft was more concerned with establishing a longterm brand then gaining profits from said brand but I'm pretty sure that phase ended during at somepoint during the 360 life.

still not seeing any vanilla XBones. The one that was linked to (from Gamestop) was "not available".....

and hasn't been available since the AC bundle went became available 2 months ago

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
NightDragon83 said:

That is because... at 400 without free game deals it have sold poorly (like half of PS4 in USA).

It was still selling decently once the Kinect free bundle was offered, and now that it was the big seller in the USA during the holidays and the install base is much larger compared to earlier in 2014, the X1 will have some momentum going into 2015 and will keep pace with the PS4 for most weeks leading up to the holidays.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Probably this Christmas we'll see a permanent price of $349 or a temporary price of $299 cuz I bet Sony will decrease price to compete this holiday

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

NightDragon83 said:
DonFerrari said:
NightDragon83 said:

It was still selling decently once the Kinect free bundle was offered, and now that it was the big seller in the USA during the holidays and the install base is much larger compared to earlier in 2014, the X1 will have some momentum going into 2015 and will keep pace with the PS4 for most weeks leading up to the holidays.

It wasn't exactly decent, it was okaish.... and a lot of people are betting on the temporary pricecut have made people antecipate their buy of the X1, so the sales could even drop bellow 2014 January.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

teigaga said:
I can only assume the same people thinking Xbox sales are suddenly going to drop dead after selling 6m in under 4 months were the same people who predicted Wii U would continually dominate after MK8 gave it a 5k advantage for a few weeks -_-

With the line up this year and the momentum from the holiday (most people buy consoles their friends have), there is no way X1 sales going to be ''terrible''. Its simply not happening.

And those who seem to think Xbox Brand exists simply loose money, they're business so automatically no. Sure at some point Microsoft was more concerned with establishing a longterm brand then gaining profits from said brand but I'm pretty sure that phase ended during at somepoint during the 360 life.

Not all...

Myself, CGIQuality and several others never expected WiiU to dominate (how is 50-100k weekly dominate anything???).

DonFerrari said:
teigaga said:

Not all...

Myself, CGIQuality and several others never expected WiiU to dominate (how is 50-100k weekly dominate anything???).

Dominate over the Xbox One, which was selling 5-10k less on weekly basis for a month or 2. And By dominate I mean it in the literally sense(to be above/overpower), I'm not using it for dramatic effect.