By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

IT RAISED IN PRICE AFTER THEY SAID IT WOULD?! Outrageous. I say we protest again MS until it's back to it's rightful price: $349. Hell, why stop there? Lets demand it only cost $300, or even better $200 with 10 free games!

Too many fucking idiots live in this world... They said it was going to happen. Yet people are still surprised that a holiday (keyword, folks) deal isn't lasting all year long. Will it drop in price again? Possibly and definitely during the next November/December. It was marketing move to create moment for the X1, and they succeeded. Many of my old anti-X1 fans either bought one or are very interested now -that's the most important thing. Not the imaginary console wars that truly only exist in forums like this. However, MS is a bit more realistic and knows that they cannot win NA market share and lose profit. They're here for profit, not "Globally in the US" domination -getting that is a nice bonus, but it wont happen... at least at the present.
To believe that they'd keep it at $349 during (at least) the first 2/4th of the year is absolutely ridiculous.

Around the Network

Meh it's not like it had a real shot at victory anyway so it's better for MS to try to earn some profit at least

teigaga said:

With the line up this year

What line up?

I cannot wait to see NPD number for this month, i bet there will be some improvement based on price stimulation from Microsoft and my prediction Xbox will not suffers like on 2014 but still PS4 sells will also increase significantly shadowing Xbox one number.

CGI-Quality said:
StarOcean said:
IT RAISED IN PRICE AFTER THEY SAID IT WOULD?! Outrageous. I say we protest again MS until it's back to it's rightful price: $349. Hell, why stop there? Lets demand it only cost $300, or even better $200 with 10 free games!

Too many fucking idiots live in this world... They said it was going to happen. Yet people are still surprised that a holiday (keyword, folks) deal isn't lasting all year long. Will it drop in price again? Possibly and definitely during the next November/December. It was marketing move to create moment for the X1, and they succeeded. Many of my old anti-X1 fans either bought one or are very interested now -that's the most important thing. Not the imaginary console wars that truly only exist in forums like this. However, MS is a bit more realistic and knows that they cannot win NA market share and lose profit. They're here for profit, not "Globally in the US" domination -getting that is a nice bonus, but it wont happen... at least at the present.
To believe that they'd keep it at $349 during (at least) the first 2/4th of the year is absolutely ridiculous.

I would advise you not to head down the road of insulting anyone.

Now on topic: This thread was creating to state facts - the system was back at its $399.99 price point (as was predicted). I'm not sure why you're approaching it the way you are, as I hardly see anyone in here showing any sort of "shock".

I have not insulted anyone. Nor was anyone attacked. I was pointing out the flawed logic many have held by many thinking the price would magically stay the same throughout. 

Shock is an exaggeration, yes. However no one at all should have expected it to stay the price it was given what MS had said earlier.  

Around the Network
Galahaddy said:
teigaga said:

What line up?

Are we still pretending that only exclusives count? Weren't all of Last years biggest system sellers 3rd party?

teigaga said:
Galahaddy said:
teigaga said:

What line up?

Are we still pretending that only exclusives count? Weren't all of Last years biggest system sellers 3rd party?

They sold PS4s, yes.

Galahaddy said:
teigaga said:

What line up?

Right, the X1 has no games coming in '15...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Amazon sure as hell has cheaper than $400 bundles still. Either way we can expect Xbox sales to bomb hard this month.

Galahaddy said:
teigaga said:
Galahaddy said:

What line up?

They sold PS4s, yes.

And the same third party titles also sold Xbox's.