By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Amazon still has the X1 AC bundle at 4 while the PS4 has dropped to 11. Looks like there are still left over stocks with left over momentum from the Holidays.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
I imagine this is a temporary raise before they lower it more permanently, but imo they really had no choice but to raise it back up right now, because if they don't then people look at their future sales and think to themselves hey no rush to buy now, this price will keep anyway. When you market something as a special promotion, it better actually be that

I haven't heard anyone else say this but I was thinking... what if the price drop was put into effect to push out old stock? There has been rumors of a 1TB model for awhile now and if/when it drops, there will likely be two SKUS. The current one for $350.00, and the new one for $399.99. 

Xbox one staying in the top 5 all day today at amazon (yes I know it was 329 earlier). The price increased and people are still buying. Ps4 however, is dropping like a rock.

Bass_salts said:

Xbox one staying in the top 5 all day today at amazon (yes I know it was 329 earlier). The price increased and people are still buying. Ps4 however, is dropping like a rock.

As most of us on here found out on BF, amazon best sellers hourly is about 7 hrs behind current sales the price went up to 380 just recently so in the next few hours you should start seeing the Xbox 1 droping a few places

Bass_salts said:

You do know that it takes time for Amazon's hourly list to update? Also, everywhere else, the price of bundle is $399.

Around the Network
Bass_salts said:

Tomorrow will give you a proper idea 

And nobody was surprised.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well, this whole thing becomes easier to understand once we get rid of that ridiculous notion of caring about the money made in consoles sales. After all, this site tracks consoles sold not money made off of consoles.

From a purely neutral standpoint ignoring profit, raising the price doesn't make much sense.
But once one considers slow momentum in tandem with the end of the holiday season, it suddenly becomes clear.

In other words, the Decline is inevitable, those that will use price as an excuse simply fail to realize it is a red herring.
Consider the opposite case, carrying the holiday momentum at the same price means no room to boost from price drops. Meanwhile, raising to 399 and dropping again later will result in a boost to an already increased baseline, without actually decreasing the price further than 329-349.

So it actually makes a lot of sense, once you abandon that outdated and naive mode of thinking that sales are only controlled significantly by price.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Amazon's Xbox One is now back at $399 too. Will update the OP.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Bass_salts said:

I'm gonna laugh like crazy if Xbox wins January NPD. It would be oh so good.

It won't happen. :D