By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US January monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussions

Roaringriku786 said:
monthly chart on amazon
ps4: 9
xbo: 20

PS4 is also trending towards #7 on the yearly.

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts 3(PS4) sold better than xone in 2015 so far at amazon.

That is something....

TheObserver said:
bananaking21 said:

Sony has it.

yeah, first half on 2015 will be pretty big for sony. lots of mindshare can be earned in this period. they should do bundles for all the underlined games. i dont see them needing to drop the price until later in the year. also remember that the witcher 3 is coming out, and while that has MS marketing it will boost both consoles. 

Witcher 3 has twicw as many pre-orders for PS4 in US according to VGC. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells 3-4 times as much on PS4 worldwide.

Marketing deals aren't gonna help XB1. Unless they give those games away for free with their console like they did with AC: U.

marketing deals arent just about pushing sales for the console at the games launch. they are more about mind share and bran recognition among consumers. if you had the PS4 logo after EVERY game, then that would mean less peolpe would be aware of the XB1 and would think of it less when thinking about buying a game. but when you got half the games having xb1 and the other half PS4. it builds up awareness. so even if the witcher 3 doesnt sell as much on the XB1 than it does on the PS4, these types of deals still help the XB1. 

It is only going to get better for the ps4 with the amount of games coming this february that are only exclusive to ps4.

Roronaa_chan said:
Hum there's a little wrench here.
I dunno what their source is but the GAF NPD thread seems to confirm something I've started suspecting for a few days. They have the 23rd of January marked as the date TLOU started being bundled with the PS4. That coincides with what we saw in some retailers like Best Buy (I think Gamestop too?). Target doesn't even offer TLOU yet.
If amazon was one of the few or even the only retailer selling PS4 with tlou before the 23rd than these charts might not be all that accurate. That'd make the 15th-23rd period: X1 with 2 games for 350, PS4 without any games for 400, except on Amazon. And between 3rd and 15th, similar but with X1 at 400, although 350 by third parties.

Only thing for sure is that with a more widely available TLOU offering PS4 definitely won the last week of January (and should be on track to continue winning all upcoming weeks). Might have won the first one too if the third parties still selling at 350 did not move a huge volume of them. The other two are a bit of a mystery if what I wrote above is true.

I doubt that will make Amazon an unreliable predictor of NPD. You have a few days in the month where Amazon has PS4 with a better deal than other retailers, but for the 13 days prior to that you have Xb one at >$350 at all retailers and selling low numbers, compared to PS$, and then for a week you have PS4+TLOUR at all retailers with sales charts matching Amazon, more or less. I can see the possibility of Xb one winning that week but not by enough to change the likely NPD outcome.

So here is the top 10 software for Amazon (pre-orders excluded obviously). Who thinks this will accurately reflect NPD?

1. Just Dance 2015

2. CoD AW

3. SSB 3DS

4. SSB U

5. GTA V

6. Pokemon R/S

7. Dying Light

8. inFamous SS

9. Minecraft

10. Far Cry 4

Personally I don't think JD 2015 will be the top selling game on NPD. But CoD being number 1 is kinda to be expected without any top class new releases. Does NPD combine the SSB sales? If they do then SSB UDS could be #1 or #2. I don't think inFamous SS will show up. Obviously multiplats like FC4 and Minecraft will sell more across all platforms. Even though Ass Creed U is selling like ass on Amazon I expect it to get into the top 10.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

The Order is sneaking up the charts. It's at #76 now. Anyone know when the bundle hits?

Here's an interesting post from a Bish approved insider:

I guess I'll be the first of us "BishChecked" to leave a comment, eh?

As soon as the price drop ended for the XB1, it was like someone pulled the emergency brake, people were coming in with the impression the price was still lower, and were leaving annoyed, rather than pay the difference, and the momentum tanked really, really fast. Once the price dropped again, well, it certainly picked up more speed again, but it isn't really selling on the same level as it was prior. That gap in time really didn't help them. I'm not saying that people went out and bought a PS4 instead, but some people just elected to simply not buy at all. We'll see if those customers return sooner or later.

PS4 seems to have smoothly transitioned, and the Last of Us bonus aspect to the bundle doesn't really seem to have made the system sell all that much 'faster'... it is nice though, that customers know they're getting something in the box even as part of the standard purchase, seems to sway some potential haggler types. PS4 won January handily for all the stores/districts I checked. Not really sure on exactly how big of a gap handily will turn out to be on the final numbers, but it was not a close game for us, at least.

And nearly everyone on Gaf is predicting a PS4 by around 20k - 80k roughly (from what I've read so far)

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

The Order is sneaking up the charts. It's at #76 now. Anyone know when the bundle hits?

I don't think there'll be a bundle in the US.

It'll be interesting to see if tomorrow's super bowl ad has an effect on its Amazon ranking.

Roronaa_chan said:

It'll be interesting to see if tomorrow's super bowl ad has an effect on its Amazon ranking.

Well that's odd. Why wouldn't they have a bundle for the US?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Well that's odd. Why wouldn't they have a bundle for the US?

Because Sony America are lame

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

Because Sony America are lame

Surely a decision like that wouldn't a regional decision though? I would imagine it's a directive from the top down.

The PS5 Exists.