By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US January monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussions

What the shit.

I don't check up on this thread for a week and it has over 1000 replies.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
Welfare said:
What the shit.

I don't check up on this thread for a week and it has over 1000 replies.

And a big gap.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hourly just updated again. PS4 is #7, X1 is #19.

I don't think the weekly rankings have updated yet. PS4 is still #14 and X1 is still #40.

I wonder if Microsoft is considering a $299 SKU for E3. They don't want to get beaten in the US. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:

I wonder if Microsoft is considering a $299 SKU for E3. They don't want to get beaten in the US. 

At this rate the Xbone will be cheaper than the 360 in 2016. 

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

I think it would be sad to see them drop the price to 300 dollars only to be ignored if sony do the same one day after for the E3 conference .

And that's probably what will happen, both consoles will probably be at 300 this year.

PlayStation tv beating xbox one! Crazy!

Fusioncode said:
Sony might not even need a price drop this year. They're golden for the first half.

Exclusive releases:
The Order 1886
Bloodborne
MLB 15
Until Dawn
Tons of indie games

Exclusive marketing:
Battlefield Hardline
Batman: Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X? I'm actually not sure who has this one.

Sony has it.

yeah, first half on 2015 will be pretty big for sony. lots of mindshare can be earned in this period. they should do bundles for all the underlined games. i dont see them needing to drop the price until later in the year. also remember that the witcher 3 is coming out, and while that has MS marketing it will boost both consoles. 

monthly chart on amazon
ps4: 9
xbo: 20

bananaking21 said:
Fusioncode said:
Sony might not even need a price drop this year. They're golden for the first half.

Exclusive releases:
The Order 1886
Bloodborne
MLB 15
Until Dawn
Tons of indie games

Exclusive marketing:
Battlefield Hardline
Batman: Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X? I'm actually not sure who has this one.

Sony has it.

yeah, first half on 2015 will be pretty big for sony. lots of mindshare can be earned in this period. they should do bundles for all the underlined games. i dont see them needing to drop the price until later in the year. also remember that the witcher 3 is coming out, and while that has MS marketing it will boost both consoles. 

Witcher 3 has twicw as many pre-orders for PS4 in US according to VGC. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells 3-4 times as much on PS4 worldwide.

Marketing deals aren't gonna help XB1. Unless they give those games away for free with their console like they did with AC: U.