By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIXED - Wii U sales 2014 vs 2015 - Week by week.

Paatar said:
Bofferbrauer said:
Slightly below last year, but not too shabby yet.

Next 3 weeks will be interesting, with Mario Tennis/AC Amiibo Festival, then Black Friday, then Xenoblade Chronicles X release

Which week was the Smash Wii U release again last year?

Week 47 I believe. A lot of people held out on getting a Wii U till Black Friday, which I believe was week 48.

Last year didn't have a good bundle, but definitely a good game (smash)

This year we have a better bundle (Smash and Splatoon Wii U bundle for $250) but the "good game" doesn't hit until Dec 4th.

Im not certain on how well this year will do, but next year will be the best year probably. I mean it already has that amazing lineup of games and next year, Star Fox, Pokken, SMT X FE, Twilight Princess HD and Zelda U is already one of the best lineups. They are all pretty much system sellers too. So all those coupled with what the Wii U already has to offer, I bet 2015 won't beat 2014 (not a huge gap though) but 2016 will be the Wii U's best year.

Add to these some smaller games like Mario & Sonic @ Rio Olympics and Project Treasure (or how it is called now), and some yet unannounced titles and we have heck of a lineup for next year. I don't get why so many are saying Nintendo is already moving on to NX, they are still producing a lot of games for Wii U.

Around the Network
tripenfall said:
Love the thread.
It seems Wii U needs to sell 1 547 796 more units this year to equal last year. That's an average of 257 966 per week. I just can't see it happening. Maybe if Starfox had of dropped about now as originally planned (and it was awesome) they might have had a chance but there simply isn't the software to drive those numbers IMO.

There are some good bundles this year. Last year we had the games, now we have the bundles lol.

Yeah I think even without the games I think this year could still match last years due to the fantastic bundles out there. There's an odd bundle selling in Sweden this year, basic Wii u with Kirby for about 190$ and considering the next cheapest one is 300$ for the SMM bundle (black friday only) I could see it selling quite a lot.

It was the best article at Wallmart online.

spurgeonryan said:
Oh, not sure what I was looking at.

So Wii U is struggling? Thought it was doing better.

According to Nintendo´s numbers its doing better but according to VGC its doing worst.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer said:
Paatar said:

Week 47 I believe. A lot of people held out on getting a Wii U till Black Friday, which I believe was week 48.

Last year didn't have a good bundle, but definitely a good game (smash)

This year we have a better bundle (Smash and Splatoon Wii U bundle for $250) but the "good game" doesn't hit until Dec 4th.

Im not certain on how well this year will do, but next year will be the best year probably. I mean it already has that amazing lineup of games and next year, Star Fox, Pokken, SMT X FE, Twilight Princess HD and Zelda U is already one of the best lineups. They are all pretty much system sellers too. So all those coupled with what the Wii U already has to offer, I bet 2015 won't beat 2014 (not a huge gap though) but 2016 will be the Wii U's best year.

Add to these some smaller games like Mario & Sonic @ Rio Olympics and Project Treasure (or how it is called now), and some yet unannounced titles and we have heck of a lineup for next year. I don't get why so many are saying Nintendo is already moving on to NX, they are still producing a lot of games for Wii U.

Project Treasure is actually called Lost Reavers.

But yeah. People are saying they are moving on because they don't know what else to say. It's sad.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

-13k for week 47 over last year's week. Still not too bad considering having no real holiday season release smash hit

Edit: and +16k for the week after that (Black Friday). Looks like the next weeks could become close shaves, too

UPDATED!

This is a really close and interesting comparison. Going to keep an eye on this till the end of the year.

Guess December will come down to which one is a bigger system seller.
Xenoblade or Captain Toad. :p