By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIXED - Wii U sales 2014 vs 2015 - Week by week.

Update time?

Around the Network

Now with the HW numbers until dec 12th, it should be update time. Up quite a bit compared to same week last year I might add. So reaching and beating last year's numbers is still possible

Update Time!!!!

The numbers are pretty synchronous with those from Japan. Since week 36 (the one with the biggest difference) Wii U in 2015 has retaken a bit over 100k over last year, and in Japan the advantage over 2014 grew in that timeframe by slightly over 100k, with less than 2k difference in total. In other words, europe and US are stable now and japan makes the difference.

Bofferbrauer said:
The numbers are pretty synchronous with those from Japan. Since week 36 (the one with the biggest difference) Wii U in 2015 has retaken a bit over 100k over last year, and in Japan the advantage over 2014 grew in that timeframe by slightly over 100k, with less than 2k difference in total. In other words, europe and US are stable now and japan makes the difference.

Good obervation.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Oh no! I guess smash was big last year along with MK. If only we had more deals this year, but if they are sellin g about the same I guess there is no point.

Smash didn't do much at all, like I said just a few posts above Europe and North America are stable in sales compared to last year despite not having a big holyday release title like smash last year (XCX did well, but it's not in the same league as smash yet) or pricecut to compensate this. In fact Japan, the one region with no holyday release at all this year (SMTxFE only comes out this saturday) manages to be up by a big margin this holyday season.

The main culprit is MK8, which on the western sales transformed a 76k lead for 2015 into being 224k behind last year. Since then this year is constantly drawing closer, but it didn't suffice yet to eliminate the loss aquired during summer.

On another note, who'd had thought this year could keep up with MK8/Smash year without Zelda? A kiddie/squiddie Shooter new IP and an Mario ROM hack tool against 2 of the 3 biggest IPs of Nintendo? Get lost! And yet it manages to stay on par with that year.

Looking forward to the 19th December figures!

tripenfall said:
Looking forward to the 19th December figures!

Are they up??

Numbers updated.
With just one week left, the Wii U needs to sell 40,314 to be flat with last years´s numbers.
Without Smash and Mario Kart this seemed like a crazy feat at the beggining of the year.

Isn't there a 53th week for 2015?