By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIXED - Wii U sales 2014 vs 2015 - Week by week.

This kind of chart should be official as well as a monthly chart. Good job.

Around the Network

So wiiU essentially flat yoy because japan loves Splatoon. I'm pretty sure Europe and US are slighty down yoy but japan managed to carry the difference, wich is good to see.

Depending on what happens with NX, this might be the WiiUs peak year.

I will update the numbers when i have the time, dont worry.

Updated with the fixed numbers.
In the end 2015 lost to 2014 by less than 100.000 units without Mario kart 8 and Smash. A win for Nintendo if you ask me.

POE said:
Updated with the fixed numbers.
In the end 2015 lost to 2014 by less than 100.000 units without Mario kart 8 and Smash. A win for Nintendo if you ask me.

Damn it almost went up YOY.  It will be interesting to see the sales this year with the NX announcement looming.  

Around the Network

Well, too bad 2015 didn't really make it in the end. But it was a pretty close race, especially after the release of Super Mario Maker where 2015 gradually came closer and closer to 2014.

I do think 2016 can become a very good year for Wii U. March and April come with some pretty big releases which should boost the sales beyond the previous years until at least end of May, when Splatoon and MK8 released the previous years. Since whe lack any infos beyond that point though, all bets are off on what will happen during the second half of 2016.

Btw, are you going to make a thread like this one for 2016, too?

Just as I predicted. The Wii U's peak year was 2014.

Nintendo will announce official sell in figures on February 2nd.

In the mean time we can use data from The NPD Group and Media Create to compare Wii U sell through for the USA and Japan.

In the USA sales were down approximately 13.5% YOY according to the NPD Group.
In Japan sales were up 42% YOY according to Media Create.

However the absolute unit difference in these two territories was only around +50,000 units in 2015 compared to 2014.

Bofferbrauer said:
Well, too bad 2015 didn't really make it in the end. But it was a pretty close race, especially after the release of Super Mario Maker where 2015 gradually came closer and closer to 2014.

I do think 2016 can become a very good year for Wii U. March and April come with some pretty big releases which should boost the sales beyond the previous years until at least end of May, when Splatoon and MK8 released the previous years. Since whe lack any infos beyond that point though, all bets are off on what will happen during the second half of 2016.

Btw, are you going to make a thread like this one for 2016, too?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=212293&page=1#