By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Have The Best Developers in These 4 Genres.

Chris Hu said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Chris Hu said:

Who cares if its a hardcore sim.  Its still a sim, also you never played it so you should not talk about it case closed.  Guess what, I also love movies but I would never talk about or give my opion on a movie that I never saw.

Theres no point in arguing, anyone who has played Forza has known it was a sim since the original Xbox days. I think he's confusing Forza for Horizon. The point of Forza is to make a racer that allows new racers to join in on the fun. GT is the complete package but what Forza does better is that its friendlier to new gamers who are afraid of spending their time getting to know racing simulators. It lowers the barrier of entry so you can have fun with it, but it is no slouch in the sim department.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
platformmaster918 said:
Chris Hu said:

Yes, how long it was since the last game was released has nothing to do with the overall quality of the franchise.

I guess but I would word it differently.  You can't have quality if you have nothing to show and while it could be the best all-time franchise it isn't currently the best franchise because it isn't a current franchise.  It's a retro franchise.

Wipeout is a semi retro franchise also since I doubt many people actually played the last game in the franchise which was released on the Vita in 2012.  Plus there are no concrete plans for either franchises in the future.

oh I wasn't making some great defense of Wipeout I've never been into it as much as FZero or Mario Kart (haven't even been into GT since 3) just arguing concepts is all

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Chris Hu said:

On top of that you are clueless for trying to proof a point with a fake interview.  Better luck next time I guess.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ifca-forza-5-interview-faked.288577/

Fooled me.  Not to mention that it pretty much points out all that we know about the game, and the direction of the series. Its more accessible and casual friendly, just not a hardcore sim.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Chris Hu said:

On top of that you are clueless for trying to proof a point with a fake interview.  Better luck next time I guess.

Fooled me.  Not to mention that it pretty much points out all that we know about the game, and the direction of the series. Its more accessible and casual friendly, just not a hardcore sim.

Well actually you know nothing about the franchise since you never played any of the games.

Chris Hu said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Chris Hu said:

Well actually you know nothing about the franchise since you never played any of the games.

How do you know if i didn't play the first one or the second? To assume you know everything is wrong. that is not the way to have a discussion. Anyways, I'm not saying forza is a bad game, i'm just saying its not a sim. When it has day/night cycles and weather that effects driving, let me know.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Chris Hu said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Chris Hu said:

how do you know if i didn't play the first one? to assume you know everything is wrong. that is not the way to have a discussion.

Well there is pretty much no legit way of proofing that you played the first one.  To see that I have played Forza 2, 3, 4, 5 and Horizon 1 and 2 and GT 5 and 6 all you have to do is look at my sig and look up my PSN ID and my XBL gamertag.  I also have played GT 1, 2, 3 and 4 but you have to take my word on that.  Never played the first Forza game since I was more then happy with GT3 and GT4 but would give it a try if they would remaster it or if I ever would see a decent used copy for cheap even though the game doesn't emulate very good on the 360 and I no longer have my orginal X Box.

I won't comment on the others as I don't really feel strongly about any of them, but I completely disagree with #1.

Sony have one team that create a very specific type of RPG, in a varied space full of stand out titles. Bioware, CDProjekt Red, Bethesda, Blizzard and Monolith are all comparable if not superior teams with incredible output. You also have devs like Obsidian, Larian Studios and you can never discount the few remaining competent souls at Square Enix. If anything, Sony could do with a proper, first-party, RPG dedicated team.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Well, many of these studios listed don't belong to Sony. Moreover, Uncharted isn't an action-adventure series. Even if it was, it pales in comparison to The Legend of Zelda.

Sony has some exceptional talent on its payroll. There's no need to pad the bill, so to speak, to make the company look better than it is.

Zelda is more an action rpg.

drdante said:
But they still need good developers for FPS, something that worth calling "Halo killer".......even Killzone can't reach that. Well......almost.

There is no such thing as a "halo killer", that's just a myth:)

Proud to be a Californian.

mine said:
Noctisluciscaelum said:

GT7 on ps4 MAKE ME Fapp all night.

You're less a racing sim fanatic than a PlayStation fanboy. 

Otherwise take a PC, Project Cars, 3 screens and you're in heaven.

Why fapp when you can have some virgins ?-)

LOL why you sound freaking salty ? Why you got issue when I like GT7 ? Heck I  like project car coming too this generation. I like racing all game even need for speed underground if they ever make remade next gen. Got issue like other game ? Lol