By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Have The Best Developers in These 4 Genres.

irstupid said:
JustThatGamer said:
One thing's for sure, few games own their genre by as significant a margin as God of War does.

In 2005 it smashed into a Japanese dominated genre, ate all the competition and defecated them into a pile of irrelevance, everything in the genre outside of GoW is dead/dying now.

In terms of acclaim the GoW Trilogy is untouched and 5 GoW's occupy spaces in the top 10 list of games in the genre. Hell, even the worst GoW's mostly better than everything else and that's made a lot of people salty.

Sales-wise? GoW3 alone sold ~6.5m, more than Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2, DMC4 and DmC on all platforms combined. Even Ascension has already sold like ~2.5-3m, more than anything outside of GoW in the genre.

Sure personal taste is subjective but overlooking objective facts and trying to claim anything but GoW/SMS owns the genre is like claiming an average kayak is more grand than the Oasis of The Seas...

As for the others; I disagree with #1 because Mass Effect and The Elder Scrolls games exist. Agree with #2 as The Last of Us alone is a stunning achievement. Though I'm not really a fan of fighters, I'd say Street Fighter deserves the nod so I agree with #3.

This proves it guys.  Wii Sports is the best sports game ever made.  Look at those sales.  Mario kart is the best racer ever made.  

Those are both party games, not simulations of the genres they are supposed to represent. Bayonetta and God of War are the best representatives of their genre. Bayonetta is the extreme of arcade style hack n slash gameplay in the genre and God of War is the perfect balance of story and gameplay.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
deskpro2k3 said:
kinisking said:

Wow. Just wow. Horizon is an arcade racer. Forza isn't. It's a driving sim 

It is not a driving sim.

To be a sim it needs, partially simulated repairs on the aerodynamics, full pit stops, realistic tire wear, fuel consumption, and functioning drag tree etc. All that is almost non-existent in Forza.

Yeah, you definetly never played a Forza game and if you did you played it for less then 5 minutes and never looked at all the options.

Dan Greenawalt Interview by AAR GTDon

"- Interviewer: So are you saying that there is no room for improvements in the way Forza races, no reason to consider the advances and popularity of your competitors?"

"Dan: No, we do take a look at what others are doing; it’s just that we prefer a more balanced and broader approach to the genre. We just don’t see Forza as a hardcore narrowly focused simulation racer; we are much more than this."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604301

So it is not a hardcore driving simulator. Case closed.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Chris Hu said:
deskpro2k3 said:
kinisking said:

It is not a driving sim.

To be a sim it needs, partially simulated repairs on the aerodynamics, full pit stops, realistic tire wear, fuel consumption, and functioning drag tree etc. All that is almost non-existent in Forza.

Yeah, you definetly never played a Forza game and if you did you played it for less then 5 minutes and never looked at all the options.

"- Interviewer: So are you saying that there is no room for improvements in the way Forza races, no reason to consider the advances and popularity of your competitors?"

"Dan: No, we do take a look at what others are doing; it’s just that we prefer a more balanced and broader approach to the genre. We just don’t see Forza as a hardcore narrowly focused simulation racer; we are much more than this."

Who cares if its a hardcore sim.  Its still a sim, also you never played it so you should not talk about it case closed.  Guess what, I also love movies but I would never talk about or give my opion on a movie that I never saw.

Chris Hu said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Chris Hu said:
deskpro2k3 said:
kinisking said:

It is not a driving sim.

Who cares if its a hardcore sim.  Its still a sim, also you never played it so you should not talk about it case closed.  Guess what, I also love movies but I would never talk about or give my opion on a movie that I never saw.

Its not a sim dude. Hardcore simulator fans knows it, and its obvious Dan is sugar coating that fact.

Sure, like you know it from personal experiece give it up already.  Get back at me when you actually played most of the games for a considerable amount of time.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

Sure, like you know it from personal experiece give it up already.  Get back at me when you actually played most of the games for a considerable amount of time.

even if i play it, its not going to change the fact that it is not a sim... Are you calling Dan Greenawalt a lier?

On top of that you are clueless for trying to proof a point with a fake interview.  Better luck next time I guess.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ifca-forza-5-interview-faked.288577/

Chris Hu said:

Yes, how long it was since the last game was released has nothing to do with the overall quality of the franchise.

I guess but I would word it differently.  You can't have quality if you have nothing to show and while it could be the best all-time franchise it isn't currently the best franchise because it isn't a current franchise.  It's a retro franchise.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

deskpro2k3 said:
Chris Hu said:

even if i play it, its not going to change the fact that it is not a sim... Are you calling Dan Greenawalt a lier?

Read my lastest post better luck next time and again actually play the game before you start to talk about it instead of pulling stuff out of your ass.

platformmaster918 said:
Chris Hu said:

Yes, how long it was since the last game was released has nothing to do with the overall quality of the franchise.

I guess but I would word it differently.  You can't have quality if you have nothing to show and while it could be the best all-time franchise it isn't currently the best franchise because it isn't a current franchise.  It's a retro franchise.

Wipeout is a semi retro franchise also since I doubt many people actually played the last game in the franchise which was released on the Vita in 2012.  Plus there are no concrete plans for either franchises in the future.