By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Have The Best Developers in These 4 Genres.

Yoshinori Ono & Hidetaka Miyazaki MMM!! *Nods* - *Thumbs up*

The rest, who are they?

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Platformers - Media Molecule

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

kinisking said:

Wow. Just wow. Horizon is an arcade racer. Forza isn't. It's a driving sim 

It is not a driving sim.

To be a sim it needs, partially simulated repairs on the aerodynamics, full pit stops, realistic tire wear, fuel consumption, and functioning drag tree etc. All that is almost non-existent in Forza.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

EA has had a lot of worthy competition. Their license with the NFL stopping 2k from making a football game is one of the biggest injustices in gaming. 2k might have failed in baseball, but they would've had a much larger following if they were allowed to continue in Football and EA knows it. Their money was well spent. As for Sony...if there are baseball fans around they know where to go....plain and simple. Discredit them all you want, but the Show is the only major baseball game in town and 2k bowed out of the race. I don't think EA wants a piece either. 

I don't care about what is happening in football, you made a comment about EA basically not having the balls to challenge Sony in baseball as of yet, you clearly did not understand there was an exclusive contract deal keeping them from doing so. And maybe even now they can look at the low sales of The Show and all the money 2k lost and decide it's really not worth it. And no one is discrediting anything, just enlightening you since you clearly don't know a thing about MVP Baseball ;)

The last MVP(2005 I believe) was so good.  I've played two versions of The Show and it was abysmal.  A new MVP with the same mechanics, with some updates, would be great.  Then again it's EA so...

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Chris Hu said:

Says a guy that has never played a Forza game.

It doesn't change the fact that it is not a sim. As I said above earlier, it needs simulated repairs on the aerodynamics, full pit stops, realistic tire wear, fuel consumption, functioning drag tree, night racing, and weather effects, which is almost non-existent in Forza.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

One thing's for sure, few games own their genre by as significant a margin as God of War does.

In 2005 it smashed into a Japanese dominated genre, ate all the competition and defecated them into a pile of irrelevance, everything in the genre outside of GoW is dead/dying now.

In terms of acclaim the GoW Trilogy is untouched and 5 GoW's occupy spaces in the top 10 list of games in the genre. Hell, even the worst GoW's mostly better than everything else and that's made a lot of people salty.

Sales-wise? GoW3 alone sold ~6.5m, more than Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2, DMC4 and DmC on all platforms combined. Even Ascension has already sold like ~2.5-3m, more than anything outside of GoW in the genre.

Sure personal taste is subjective but overlooking objective facts and trying to claim anything but GoW/SMS owns the genre is like claiming an average kayak is more grand than the Oasis of The Seas...

As for the others; I disagree with #1 because Mass Effect and The Elder Scrolls games exist. Agree with #2 as The Last of Us alone is a stunning achievement. Though I'm not really a fan of fighters, I'd say Street Fighter deserves the nod so I agree with #3.

deskpro2k3 said:
kinisking said:

Wow. Just wow. Horizon is an arcade racer. Forza isn't. It's a driving sim 

It is not a driving sim.

To be a sim it needs, partially simulated repairs on the aerodynamics, full pit stops, realistic tire wear, fuel consumption, and functioning drag tree etc. All that is almost non-existent in Forza.

Yeah, you definetly never played a Forza game and if you did you played it for less then 5 minutes and never looked at all the options.

deskpro2k3 said:
Chris Hu said:

Says a guy that has never played a Forza game.

It doesn't change the fact that it is not a sim. As I said above earlier, it needs simulated repairs on the aerodynamics, full pit stops, realistic tire wear, fuel consumption, functioning drag tree, night racing, and weather effects, which is almost non-existent in Forza.

Should have read this one first so you pretty much admiting that you never played a Forza game.  Guess what since you never played the game you can't really say whether it is a sim or not.

IkePoR said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

EA has had a lot of worthy competition. Their license with the NFL stopping 2k from making a football game is one of the biggest injustices in gaming. 2k might have failed in baseball, but they would've had a much larger following if they were allowed to continue in Football and EA knows it. Their money was well spent. As for Sony...if there are baseball fans around they know where to go....plain and simple. Discredit them all you want, but the Show is the only major baseball game in town and 2k bowed out of the race. I don't think EA wants a piece either. 

I don't care about what is happening in football, you made a comment about EA basically not having the balls to challenge Sony in baseball as of yet, you clearly did not understand there was an exclusive contract deal keeping them from doing so. And maybe even now they can look at the low sales of The Show and all the money 2k lost and decide it's really not worth it. And no one is discrediting anything, just enlightening you since you clearly don't know a thing about MVP Baseball ;)

The last MVP(2005 I believe) was so good.  I've played two versions of The Show and it was abysmal.  A new MVP with the same mechanics, with some updates, would be great.  Then again it's EA so...

You might be in luck because 2k just dropped the MLB exclusive license. Its up to EA as to whether they think the MLB is a profitable license to pick up once more.

JustThatGamer said:
One thing's for sure, few games own their genre by as significant a margin as God of War does.

In 2005 it smashed into a Japanese dominated genre, ate all the competition and defecated them into a pile of irrelevance, everything in the genre outside of GoW is dead/dying now.

In terms of acclaim the GoW Trilogy is untouched and 5 GoW's occupy spaces in the top 10 list of games in the genre. Hell, even the worst GoW's mostly better than everything else and that's made a lot of people salty.

Sales-wise? GoW3 alone sold ~6.5m, more than Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2, DMC4 and DmC on all platforms combined. Even Ascension has already sold like ~2.5-3m, more than anything outside of GoW in the genre.

Sure personal taste is subjective but overlooking objective facts and trying to claim anything but GoW/SMS owns the genre is like claiming an average kayak is more grand than the Oasis of The Seas...

As for the others; I disagree with #1 because Mass Effect and The Elder Scrolls games exist. Agree with #2 as The Last of Us alone is a stunning achievement. Though I'm not really a fan of fighters, I'd say Street Fighter deserves the nod so I agree with #3.

This proves it guys.  Wii Sports is the best sports game ever made.  Look at those sales.  Mario kart is the best racer ever made.