By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - That console AMD is designing a chip for? It has a 2016 release!

Which console will it be?

Nintendo's QOL 28 12.33%

Nintendo's new home console. 79 34.80%

Nintendo's new handheld. 70 30.84%

New playstation handheld. 12 5.29%

Microsoft handheld. 3 1.32%

A new competitor has joined the fight? 35 15.42%

Total:227

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/30/amd-designing-chip-for-a-game-console-to-be-introduced-in-2016/

AMD Designing Chip For A Game Console To Be Introduced In 2016

Devinder Kumar, the CFO of AMD, has announced that the company is working on a chip for a video game console that’s due to be released in 2016. With the Wii U performing below expectation it could well be Nintendo that’s planning to bring out a new games console in 2016, but that does seem a little too soon. Maybe it’s for their Quality of Lifeplatform they’re busy developing?

The design wins are interesting because the funding, the R&D dollars for customizing the parts for the products to our customers is precisely pre-funded by the customer and like I said the workload is started and we are spending the money and the resources and the work to go ahead and design the parts to be introduced sometime in 2016.

We didn’t say at which space it is in. I’m not going to give too much detail. I’ll say that one is x86 and one is ARM, and atleast one will be on gaming, right. But that’s about as much as you going to get out me today, because the customers from the standpoint to be fair to them. It is their product. They launch it. They announce it and then just like the game console or the parts you find out that its AMD’s APU that’s been used in those products.

Thanks, Michelle and Shuhei Yoshida

-----------------------------------------------

Dulfite - Which console will it be?

Around the Network

I knew it! Nintendo's next gen system is going to be released in 2016.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

As expected

Apple console. Will release together with the Apple Television. Or maybe it's integrated in the TV or something.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Firstly it says introduced. Thar means it likely wont release until 2017, which aligns with the 3DS successor. One of the processors is an ARM, and they didn't say which was for gaming.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure this is like the 5th time this has been posted

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Google Play, console version??

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

introduced in 2016 E3, released in 2017.

I think it's for the xb1 slim.

Nintendo handheld. As expected. Seems to be the right timing.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.