By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - That console AMD is designing a chip for? It has a 2016 release!

Which console will it be?

Nintendo's QOL 28 12.33%

Nintendo's new home console. 79 34.80%

Nintendo's new handheld. 70 30.84%

New playstation handheld. 12 5.29%

Microsoft handheld. 3 1.32%

A new competitor has joined the fight? 35 15.42%

Total:227

The Atari 6900 obviously :P

Around the Network

Dreamcast 2. To be introduced on 16/16/16, released on 17/17/17.

New Nintendo Home Console.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

sc94597 said:
Firstly it says introduced. Thar means it likely wont release until 2017, which aligns with the 3DS successor. One of the processors is an ARM, and they didn't say which was for gaming.

Consoles always get introduced at E3 right? ( I may be wrong on that) but Nintendo devices always launch in November right? (I also may be wrong on that) but combining both of these things suggests whatever it is, if it's from Nintendo, that it will launch November 2015.

zorg1000 said:
I'm pretty sure this is like the 5th time this has been posted

The previous times didn't have a date locked down as far as I know. This article is brand new and so is the definitive 2016 date as far as I know.

Around the Network

NEW PS Vita!

Dulfite said:
sc94597 said:
Firstly it says introduced. Thar means it likely wont release until 2017, which aligns with the 3DS successor. One of the processors is an ARM, and they didn't say which was for gaming.

Consoles always get introduced at E3 right? ( I may be wrong on that) but Nintendo devices always launch in November right? (I also may be wrong on that) but combining both of these things suggests whatever it is, if it's from Nintendo, that it will launch November 2015.

3DS released in Japan in Feb 2011 and NA/EU in march 2011. It was announced at E3 2010 iirc.

New Nintendo home console, obviously.

And handheld.

Why do people misread the whole thing and tell people it will be released 2016?

THIS is what AMD said: "it will generate (blabla) money (blabla) in 2016". So it will generate money for *AMD* in 2016. That means production of beta and developer devices will start 2016. Production of end user devices will not start before 2017. It will be released Christmas 2017 the earliest, Christmas 2018 if something does not work as expected.

Releasing a new console 2016 would be a very stupid move for Nintendo, they would loose more customers by abandoning the Wii U after just 3 years of full support (last year never has full support).

Another reason why it won't be released 2016: they are currently busy developing many titles for 2015. Most teams can't start working on new titles until end of 2015. Less than a year from first draft until retail release will work out for remakes or budget titles like CTTT, but not for major titles. So again, 2017 at the earliest.

NNID: setialpha

AMD was saying before that they wanted to cash in on a nintendo handheld. Also, introduced in 2016 means released in 2017, which should be when Nintendo's next handheld releases.