By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

(READ FORUM FIRST!) Will you buy a Wii U now?

Yes, Nintendo isn't dead! 16 11.51%

No, it's not worth it m8 30 21.58%

Already got it 92 66.19%

Total:138

It's a great console, if you are really, REALLY into Nintendo games and tablets, i suppose.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Did not read the OP, but I am getting a WiiU at some point in 2015.

Plenty of games I wish to play, plus my family enjoys playing Mario Kart. I hope the price drops.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

deskpro2k3 said:

That is a lot of Mario and friend games I'm not interested in except for 6, Xenoblade Chronicles X. Unfortunately for me I guess, one game does not justify a console purchase.

So 2 is 'a lot' now? If you chose to define 'and friends' as characters that appear in Smash Bros you might get to half the list, but considering the Smash Bros roster represents characters from a ridiculous breath of franchises and genres that would be a pretty strange and useless way of defining these games.

1. Yoshi's Woolly World

2. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

3. Devil's Third

4. Splatoon

5. Star Fox U

6. Xenoblade Chronicles X

7. Zelda U

8. The Mighty Number 9

9. Project CARS

10. Another Sonic game

11. Mario Maker

My favourite genre is 3D platformers. Besides SM3DW, what does the Wii U really have there?

Teeqoz said:
My favourite genre is 3D platformers. Besides SM3DW, what does the Wii U really have there?

Any of the Lego games, Epic Mickey 2, Skylanders, Pacman, and Sonic Lost World (which is actually good, just takes some time to get used to the controls and some of the level gimmicks are bizarre).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Teeqoz said:

Any of the Lego games, Epic Mickey 2, Skylanders, Pacman, and Sonic Lost World (which is actually good, just takes some time to get used to the controls and some of the level gimmicks are bizarre).

I'm really quite meh on LEGO games, and nearly all are availible on other platforms, Epic Mickey 2 is also availible on other platforms, so is Skylanders, so is pacman. And I'm not interested in any of those games anyway. So that only leaves Lost World. Not much to get excited about really.

Teeqoz said:
Skullwaker said:
Teeqoz said:

I'm really quite meh on LEGO games, and nearly all are availible on other platforms, Epic Mickey 2 is also availible on other platforms, so is Skylanders, so is pacman. And I'm not interested in any of those games anyway. So that only leaves Lost World. Not much to get excited about really.

The 3D platformer is almost an extinct genre these days, unfortunately. It's also my favorite, so to see very few of them is sad to me. The only franchises that really continue them are Mario, Ratchet and Clank, Sonic and...that's pretty much it. Unless Jak & Daxter or Banjo see revivals this gen, I don't see much in the way of the genre aside from what I already listed.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

The WiiU is a perfect console to those interested in playing WiiU games.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

This thread remind me why I haven't bought Wii U yet.

Ezquimacore said:

Short answer: because you like Nintendo.

Long answer: because you like Nintendo a lot.

Pretty much this. All Nintendo games have this kind of unmistakable feeling to them, even if they belong to different genres...if you don't like that style, you'll probably never buy a Wii U.