Nothing 119 40.20%

5 days of PS+/Gold 59 19.93%

30 days of PS+/Gold 32 10.81%

1 free $10 game 21 7.09%

2 free $10 games 9 3.04%

1 old AAA game 35 11.82%

None of the above 21 7.09%

Total:296

Nothing. Everybody expects something for something going wrong, anymore.

Around the Network

Given the reason for the ddos was "for the lulz" there isn't a reason to compensate. Or even apologize really. I don't think demanding victims of a crime should give me something for being victims should be a thing.

Nothing, there's nothing to compensate for really. I think all focus should be turned to preventing this from happening in the future, which hopefully would involve locking the lizard squad away

I'm not sure if the purchase of PS+ includes a SLA that Sony has to fulfill.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Aaa game

Around the Network
CavemanCavan said:
Given the reason for the ddos was "for the lulz" there isn't a reason to compensate. Or even apologize really. I don't think demanding victims of a crime should give me something for being victims should be a thing.

It's like demanding compensation from the stabbed passerby for bleeding all over my new shirt.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Considering there are technologies like CloudFlare out there that can mitigate massive DDoS attacks and Sony and Microsoft are just too cheap to use them, I think customers should at least be given the right to a refund on the basis of a defective service.

Quite honestly, i am pissed off that this happened despite quite an advance warning. They really should compensate us for this poor display. We paid for these systems on the premise that their features work. Its inexcusable that they were unavailable during the christmas days when most of us have time off.
It also made it impossible to take advantage of any christmas deals. Yes, i do think they should compensate everyone with at least a small game.

Don't need any compensarion. But already got a good deal on walking dead and a free game (maybe just pushed ahead of january, will discover soon).

But 15 days of psn+ for free users and one 10 dollars game or voucher would be much appreciated as a token and could make money out of it with people liking the service and subbing, and payers would be glad for another free game. Could be a Classic ps1 game as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

McGilliguts said:
1 year of free ps+/gold. Actually , they should probably stop charging for online gaming altogether since they clearly can't deliver a reliable service

Let's just completely ignore the thousands of dollars worth of games these services give you every year...

Asking for any monetary/free game compenation here is like asking a rape victim to pay her family because she got raped.