Nothing 119 40.20%

5 days of PS+/Gold 59 19.93%

30 days of PS+/Gold 32 10.81%

1 free $10 game 21 7.09%

2 free $10 games 9 3.04%

1 old AAA game 35 11.82%

None of the above 21 7.09%

Total:296

PlayStation Network and Xbox live was attacked Christmas Eve and has been more or less down/offline for several days. Most players are able to play now.

What would be a fair compensation for the PSN/XBLA Christmas outage? Should we be compensated? Should non PS+/Gold members get something?

Bonus info: PS+ cost $10 for 30 days and $18 for 90 days while Xbox Live Gold cost $25 for 90 days.

UPDATE: SCE have decided to give 5 days of PS+ to PS+ subscribers and a 10 percent discount code good for a one-time discount off a total cart purchase in the PlayStation Store as a thank you to ALL PSN members.

More info here.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/01/holiday-thank-you/

Don't copy random editorials.

Around the Network

You guys should get an extra day of Live/Plus for every day that the servers were down.

ThatDanishGamer said:

What would be a fair compensation for the PSN/XBLA Christmas outage? Should we be compensated? Should non PS+/Gold members get something?

Bonus info: PS+ cost $10 for 30 days and $18 for 90 days while Xbox Live Gold cost $25 for 90 days.

I think you should just accept that you are paying for a sub par service that should in actuallity be free. It was DDOS'd, so that can happen to pretty much any service like this unless they spend ultra money on servers, but that's just over doing it for the most part. Although, I will certainly agree that for those that don't use the service and were unable to play their games due to being unable to sign in... couldn't play their OFFLINE games. That's bullshit!

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

One or two extra days, and that's all I'll give if I was in charge.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Nothing. Don't let the bully win.

Around the Network

Nothing. It's not like either one is an always-online console...

If its paid by the DDOS lizards if they are found alot else dont need anything.

Nothing.

But if they give us a free week or even a month, I'll be happy. This was an outside attack so I don't hold Sony/M$ responsible, this time.

1 year of free ps+/gold. Actually , they should probably stop charging for online gaming altogether since they clearly can't deliver a reliable service

Well Xbox Live wasn't even down for a day. And with PSN its not like this is the infamous 2011 outage.