By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: To the people against remasters...

How do you feel about games being remastered?

I'm all for it! 134 40.98%

Not really bothered to be honest 121 37.00%

I'm against it! 42 12.84%

See results. 29 8.87%

Total:326

I love remasters. Gives me less reasons to dig my old consoles out of the closet.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Depends on what we're remasturbating. Graphics seems to be the main focus, but there WILL be a point when we reach "Peak Snakebutt", and the whole fanbase revolts against this DISGUSTING SEXIST EXPLOITATION.

Or maybe it will continue into 16k gluteus amazingness.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I love remastered games.

There are many games that you just cannot play today (or doing so is expensive/illegal). Why not give us the option of not only playing those games of yesteryear but of playing them in the vein of greatness that is graphics today?

Its not just games we never got to play, but great games that deserve that upgrade treatment?

I just wish companies could wait more than a year before remastering a game!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Ssenkahdavic said:
I love remastered games.

There are many games that you just cannot play today (or doing so is expensive/illegal). Why not give us the option of not only playing those games of yesteryear but of playing them in the vein of greatness that is graphics today?

Its not just games we never got to play, but great games that deserve that upgrade treatment?

Oh don't be coy, allegedly it's perfectly OK to discuss this now.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

Definitely not against remasters. In fact I loved those HD collections that came out last gen. I have most of the HD collections/games for PS3, what people are really against is remastering games so soon or many games that don't need it (Sleeping Dogs, DmC, etc)

remasters are not that bad as long asd a decent amount of time has past since being remastered.

When a game is remastered 12 months after original release is not the same as in the case of Majoras Mask for 3DS where we are talking about 15 year gap.

Gnac said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
I love remastered games.

Oh don't be coy, allegedly it's perfectly OK to discuss this now.

Never coy.  Careful maybe :)

Conina said:
kljesta64 said:
teigaga said:

This doesn't account for the fact that current sysetms are not backwards compatible. What we're seeing currently is actually very comparable with nintendo releasing Zelda OOT Master quest on the gamecube and virtual console. It wasn't considered a remaster but was infact a remaster the graphics were better and so was the performance. The difference is it priced appropriately, something a lot of current remasters are not. 

graphics werent better the resolution and frame rate was.

Resolution and frame rate are part of the broader term "graphics".

obviously..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I'm all for remasters as long as their done right and the game or games that are being remastered came out at least 8 to 10 years ago. These remasters of 1 to 3 year old games are hard to justify no matter how you spin it but hey if you enjoy them by all means have at it!