By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: To the people against remasters...

How do you feel about games being remastered?

I'm all for it! 134 40.98%

Not really bothered to be honest 121 37.00%

I'm against it! 42 12.84%

See results. 29 8.87%

Total:326
DarkRPGamer007 said:
I love remasters, just not a year later for the same price! I prefer them to wait 2 consoles later to remake (e.g. WWHD GC to Wii U) but if they're going to do a collection like MCC then I'm fine with last gen remasters

This. For reasons I'd get banned for going into further.

Around the Network

I'm not against remasters completely, but charging full price for them even when they are old is not right.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Here is are some remasters I could get behind: Super Mario Bros. 1 2 3, World, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Mario Land 1 and 2, The Lost Levels, all with updated HD graphics (well the 3D Mario games) and Mario Maker for $60.

The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword all remastered and HD updated graphics (for 3D games) for $60.

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3, and 4 for $30, all updated graphically.

Final Fantasy VII Remake (LOL) for $60.

LOL I know there is only a 0.0000001% chance of these happening but who could disagree with these choices?

So the people complaining are definitely the vocal minority.

Look I can agree that it is starting to seem a little ridiculous - how many games do we really need to have remade?!

But YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY THEM, and while I may think some are stupid; I buy others ;). Everyone seems to like at least one remaster.

Oh and keep in mind that the PS5 will likely be backwards compatible, and possibly even the PS6 as well since they will most likely use this same standardized architecture. All of these games getting ported to PS4 will last a long while.

I don't mind if it's a master collection or something really old, I didn't by any accept Halo; MCC.