By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OK, I faced it: WiiU can't sell over 15M

15M, too low or just ok?

With my heartbroken, I agree. 291 32.96%

A pricecut can still push it to 20M-25M. 426 48.24%

Nonsense. WiiU is an assu... 165 18.69%

Total:882

After hours of introspection, reflecting over WiiU sales post-SSB.U release, it's more than obvious to me that WiiU won't sell over 15M AND I was one of the most apologist non-Ninty fan here that believed WiiU could still sell between 17,5M-25M lifetime.

Now it's clear as day to me that no game can push WiiU sales to stratospheric numbers like history always presented us. Didn't happen with SSB., didn't happen with freakin MK8 and didn't happen with 3dWorld Mario. Won't happen with Mario Maker nor Zelda nor a possible Mario Galaxy :( We have yet to see that pricecut, but even that seems too little to late happening next Christmas season.

What is your final verdict?

EDIT! Please move to sales discussion, messed up again!

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

I say 20-25mm lifetime

Zelda and Price cut will do their part next year so it could reach 12m+ by the end of it. Add to that 2 more years of barely being alive and it could break through that barrier.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It will be lucky to make it to 15 million, as of this moment. All ninty fans bought the console when Mario Kart came out and so that is why SSB didn't boost sales so much. It's a dead console and news on an upcoming ninty next gen console are just helping it drown faster.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Mr.Playstation said:
It will be lucky to make it to 15 million, as of this moment. All ninty fans bought the console when Mario Kart came out and so that is why SSB didn't boost sales so much. It's a dead console and news on an upcoming ninty next gen console are just helping it drown faster.

Don't forget the 3ds version. Shoulda been released in early 2015, instead they released before wiiu's version *facepalet*

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

I still say 20 million will be the lifetime. Nintendo will keep it going after the next one comes out. But Wii U is basically Windows Vista and 8. Once you got that bad rep, people didn't bother with them. No matter if issues where fixed.

Mr.Playstation said:
It will be lucky to make it to 15 million, as of this moment. All ninty fans bought the console when Mario Kart came out and so that is why SSB didn't boost sales so much. It's a dead console and news on an upcoming ninty next gen console are just helping it drown faster.W

what upcoming console? did i miss something

fluky-nintendy said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Don't forget the 3ds version. Shoulda been released in early 2015, instead they released before wiiu's version *facepalet*

It didn't really make such a difference, the wii u version still sold amazingly well at 1.5 million counting but alas it didn't help sell that much consoles as now all the nintendo fans have already bought a wii u.

Mr.Playstation said:

Basically this. I think the big boom when Mario Kart 8 came out was due to the barren drought of games on the console up until that point. If the console sells 20 million in its lifetime that will be considered a miracle at this point. And yes, I totally agree that the premature talk of a future console is doing more harm than good. I can see a new Nintendo console released in Japan sometime in 2017... I can imagine 2016 will be a very barren year for the console with maybe one or two heavy Nintendo AAA titles. I can also see the Gamecube having a more plentiful software line up compared to the Wii U once the console is discontinued... Bleak I know...

Nogamez said:
Mr.Playstation said:
It will be lucky to make it to 15 million, as of this moment. All ninty fans bought the console when Mario Kart came out and so that is why SSB didn't boost sales so much. It's a dead console and news on an upcoming ninty next gen console are just helping it drown faster.W

what upcoming console? did i miss something

There have been a bunch of rumors, here are some links:

http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/console-desktop-pc/anton-shilov/nintendo-contracts-amd-to-power-next-generation-game-console/

Here is a quote from the article which shows that nintendo is working on a next generation system:

"Back in May Nintendo already confirmed that it had started development of its next-generation home console. In October it also transpired that the company would design system-on-chip for its forthcoming system in the U.S. According to a new media report, Nintendo contracted AMD to provide graphics processing technologies for the device."