By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Up 13 December 2014

Xbox One's momentum is real.

Around the Network
Xevross said:
Teeqoz said:
Total hardware is only up 6%, which is the smalles increase since 2004 (but that was because of a drop of in sales because it was shortly after DS launch, and it doesn't include PS2 numbers, which were indoubtedly very high.)

Yeah, these numbers will be adjusted up.

Looking back: 28%, 13%, 24%, 13%, 9%, 20%, 16% .... have been the increases in this week. I don't see any reason that this year's would be lower or why Europe and US would decrease. I'll wait before judging these numbers because it does seem very likely they'll be adjusted

The overall hardware increase is almost singlehandedly due to japan. That speaks volumes about these numbers.

Blood_Tears said:
alrightiwill said:
Nate4Drake said:
The Gap in the Global between PS4 and X1 was 7.2M in the week-ending Dec the 6th. In the week-ending Dec the 13th PS4 sold roughly 240k more than X1, but the Gap is still 7.2M ?? So X1 was adjusted up by VGC right ?

PS4: 15.85m

XBO: 8.93m

Gap: 6.92 as at 29th Nov

Last two weeks:

PS4 752,485 781,557 
XBO 588,330 546,189 

PS4: 15.85 + 0.752 + 0.782 = 17.38 

XBO: 8.93 + 0.588 + 0.546 =  10.06

Gap: 7.32M

So the homepage seems pretty accurate with that

Other then PS4 being rounded down to 17.3 and X1 being rounded up to 10.1....

Oh you're right. Sorry, just had the 17.3 and forgot about rounding up being more appropriate for PS4. XBO should be rounded up but of course that should also mean PS4 rounded up too!

Going back on the 29th Nov, I think the pic I posted must of had some adjustments.

PS4 Pic: 1.061m

VGC Tools: 1.049m

Just enough of a swing to round down roughly 30k rather than round up 20k

My fault entirely though!

MoHasanie said:
If MS can just improve their sales in Europe somehow then MS wouldn't have to worry about X1's sales.

MS doesn't need the EU. A US domination is all they need. :)

BALANCE

Sorry VGChart but your Vita numbers in rest of the world are simply too small, sony already told that the asian market of the vita is increasing and recently games like freedom Wars with World Wide online ranking features shows that the ASIAN MARKET IS BIGGER AND MORE ACTIVE THAN US OR EU MARKET (japan not included) so sony Q4 numbers will simply show what I m talking now.

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

Around the Network

Really great numbers from X1, PS4 and N3DS. Vita and Wii U... Wow... Seems like nothing can save them. Sony have really stopped trying with the Vita which is a great shame. Smash Bros. did not seem to have the hardware boost that we all expected. Strange to see the 70k gap between US X1 and PS4 sales, I was expecting X1 to be more in front.

MoHasanie said:
If MS can just improve their sales in Europe somehow then MS wouldn't have to worry about X1's sales.

If the console could be modded to play pirated games, sales would take off greatly. It worked for X360.

nanzano said:

Sorry VGChart but your Vita numbers in rest of the world are simply too small, sony already told that the asian market of the vita is increasing and recently games like freedom Wars with World Wide online ranking features shows that the ASIAN MARKET IS BIGGER AND MORE ACTIVE THAN US OR EU MARKET (japan not included) so sony Q4 numbers will simply show what I m talking now.

You are so right!!!

Even the Europe numbers are a little bit to small, becauce in this week Media Markt (biggest electronic shop in Germany) had the Vita for 100€. In my region this Vita bundles sold very good! 

nanzano said:

To be honest Sony doesn't even care about the Vita. 

tiffac said:
MoHasanie said:

MS doesn't need the EU. A US domination is all they need. :)

BALANCE

Problem is they are not dominating US, let alone be ahead. They did well in November and will do in December. But real effect of price cut will be understood next year.