By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Up 13 December 2014

daredevil.shark said:
tiffac said:
MoHasanie said:
If MS can just improve their sales in Europe somehow then MS wouldn't have to worry about X1's sales.

MS doesn't need the EU. A US domination is all they need. :)

BALANCE

Problem is they are not dominating US, let alone be ahead. They did well in November and will do in December. But real effect of price cut will be understood next year.

So true. Even with a huge price cut and great bundles, the PS4 is still besting the X1 worldwide by 100,000s of units per week.

Around the Network

Well, to be fair, the PS4 also had bundles and prices cuts. I don't think MS will ever catch up WW, but they will in the U.S.

Gamz said:
Well, the PS4 also had bundles and prices cuts. I don't think MS will ever catch up WW, but they will in the U.S.

Quite true although many of the price cuts were 'unofficial'(done via Walmart/Best Buy etc) and certainly not to the same extent as the X1. Sony did officially put out bundles though but again, not nearly to the same value as Microsoft. Sales of the X1 have improved amazingly compared to the 60k baseline it was at a few months ago and their US market share has expanded. I still can't believe there were people expecting the Wii U to be second place and selling over 12 million by 2015 lol.

Dr.Vita said:
nanzano said:

Sorry VGChart but your Vita numbers in rest of the world are simply too small, sony already told that the asian market of the vita is increasing and recently games like freedom Wars with World Wide online ranking features shows that the ASIAN MARKET IS BIGGER AND MORE ACTIVE THAN US OR EU MARKET (japan not included) so sony Q4 numbers will simply show what I m talking now.

You are so right!!!

Even the Europe numbers are a little bit to small, becauce in this week Media Markt (biggest electronic shop in Germany) had the Vita for 100€. In my region this Vita bundles sold very good! 

Yeah also that, but my problem is principally with asian market, the 2 preview quarters vita+psp shipment was like 100k more than the wii Us, the Wii U outsold the vita in almost every weeks in that period on VGC and the WiiU numbers was 2 times the vitas one in some weeks even though the PSP is discontinued in lot of markets like Japan, EU.....
EDIT: PSVITA +PSP shipment as of Q2 2014 ~17M  since vita launch

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

yeah media markt had sick vita offers this week ...
99€ for all vita bundles and 49€ for the vita tv ...

Around the Network

good for xbox one
but come january its gonna get ugly

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

MoHasanie said:
If MS can just improve their sales in Europe somehow then MS wouldn't have to worry about X1's sales.

I don't think they have to worry at all. Europe has gone from weak sales to healthy, overall hardware sales are good. Just not PS4 good.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
good for xbox one

I really wonder about that. A massive drop come January would be logical if the price goes up again but maybe, just maybe, X1 sparked some love these holidays and raised its baseline in US higher than PS4.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
good for xbox one

I really wonder about that. A massive drop come January would be logical if the price goes up again but maybe, just maybe, X1 sparked some love these holidays and raised its baseline in US higher than PS4.

it is limited

every xbox one holiday commercial Ive seen says limited time 

its suppose to end on january 3

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
vivster said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
good for xbox one

it is limited

every xbox one holiday commercial Ive seen says limited time

its suppose to end on january 3

Yes, but who says consoles can't sell at 399 :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.