By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is there only 1 confirmed third-party-published upcoming wii u retail game in the west?

After watch dogs and I guess project cars, though that's actually indie, there isn't really anything.

Around the Network

Devil's Third ????

I love every kind of exclusive Title from WiiU

2015 Nintendo bring out 14 exclusive title

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

Hell Fatal Frame 5 might even get a Worldwide release. I read on another post an insider heard word of it. ;)

bigtakilla said:
So the Devil's Third isn't happening anymore? As well as I thought Sega had one more exclusive for Wii U. Maybe Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

Devils third is published by nintendo, and sega's 3 game contract with nintendo expired didnt it

fireburn95 said:
bigtakilla said:
So the Devil's Third isn't happening anymore? As well as I thought Sega had one more exclusive for Wii U. Maybe Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

Devils third is published by nintendo, and sega's 3 game contract with nintendo expired didnt it

Valhalla is still third party, making the game third party financed by Nintendo or not. But it does say third party published and not developed, so... 

Sega I'm not too sure about. That might be over if they count the 3ds game or not. I thought it was a 3 game Wii U deal. Could be wrong though.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
fireburn95 said:
bigtakilla said:

Devil's Third is still third party, published by Nintendo or not.

Sega ai'm not too sure about. That might be over if they count the 3ds game or not. I thought it was a 3 game Wii U deal. Could be wrong though.

Oh yeah it belongs to that totally non-defunct company THQ.

Plus yeah, I did say they have third party titles coming, but very few, if any, from publishers apart from themselves.

There's no titles in plan from ACTI, EA, UBI(minus JD), Warner Bros, Capcom, Sega etc. which was the point

fireburn95 said:
bigtakilla said:
fireburn95 said:
bigtakilla said:

Devil's Third is still third party, published by Nintendo or not.

Sega ai'm not too sure about. That might be over if they count the 3ds game or not. I thought it was a 3 game Wii U deal. Could be wrong though.

Oh yeah it belongs to that totally non-defunct company THQ.

Plus yeah, I did say they have third party titles coming, but very few, if any, from publishers apart from themselves.

There's no titles in plan from ACTI, EA, UBI(minus JD), Warner Bros, Capcom, Sega etc. which was the point

True, I got you. caught my mistake. True. I don't know...

vivster said:
axumblade said:
I mean, some obvious examples are the yearly editions of Just Dance, Skylanders and Disney Infinity are pretty much obvious answers.

Their first party games are the reasons most people play Nintendo products though. It's been that way for a long time.

I'm pretty sure 3rd party games were plenty and sought after in the NES and SNES era. After that it was mostly by design since Nintendo just didn't have much beyond first party.

If Nintendo had more 3rd party games people would also consider it for 3rd party.

No need to retcon history. The gamecube had tons and tons of 3rd party games, most high profile 3rd party games that werent exclusive were released on all 3 consoles of that generation. The GC version was usually superior to PS2 version too due to the GC being more powerful (and on level or slightly behind xbox). A few 3rd party titles were skipped on GC because of the limited disc size, but there were also several good GC 3rd party exclusives via capcom, like Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4, RE:Make.

So yes, 3rd party titles didnt sell well on the GC. But there were hundreds and hundreds released. The gamecube had an image issue with the purple design and the rather silly Mario entry (Sunshine, really?), and the artstyle of Wind Waker unfortunately didnt help (even tho most ppl love it now). Point is, the people who bought lots of 3rd party games preferred xbox or ps2, and so 3rd party support started dying there.

most third party games are usually unfinished or complete shat, so no thx vilanger wil pass!

I believe Namco Bandai Entertainment and SEGA will release something on Wii U. Maybe not exclusives or even "AAA", but something. Perhaps other Pac-Man and the next main Sonic or SEGA Racing (I wish they would make a new one, both entries have been awesome).