By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create&Famitsu Sales:Week 51,2014(Dec 15 - Dec 21)!WiiU above ps4&psv!New3ds/xl reaches 1.081M!(Wii u outsells psvita for 3rd straight week):O

Vita and WiiU down YOY, the latter considerably! Poor X1 never had a chance really, so expected sales i guess. PS4 down this week, no DQ effect anymore. Hmmph the overall sales are not great this year..

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
vivster said:
Everything dropping hard from last year.

Wii U down 30% from last YTD. Man they should've really brought the big games this year to keep up the sales.

Just shows you that holiday bundle matters, hence why its down considerably.

That must be it. People just didn't buy Wii Us because there was no game bundled with it.

Also why do I always know who quoted me before entering the thread?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ktay95 said:
tbone51 said:

Wait, its 50%? That would mean WW sales are going to end up around 6.2mil...... Isnt it heading at like 9mil? Wat am i missing here?

I have no idea =P The 50% makes no sense. I guess lifetime worldwide sales he means Japan will have 50% of the share, which I would highly doubt.

The idea I like to go with is New 3DS sales Japan vs Australia =P

Ah I wish we had information for new 3ds/xl sales in Australia!Especially,because ioi had 3ds boosted by only 1k WOW for the row in the week of new3ds/xl and pokemon or/as release in my beloved country of yours,Australia!:P

ktay95 said:
tbone51 said:
ktay95 said:

Thats in no way a good thing, well i mean its good that its doing well in Japan but its a sign of pathetic sales in the rest of the world.

Wait, its 50%? That would mean WW sales are going to end up around 6.2mil...... Isnt it heading at like 9mil? Wat am i missing here?

I have no idea =P The 50% makes no sense. I guess lifetime worldwide sales he means Japan will have 50% of the share, which I would highly doubt.

The idea I like to go with is New 3DS sales Japan vs Australia =P

20m of 47m of the 47m 3DS sales are in Japan.  Seems to be selling far better over there too. Okay it's currently over 40% global marketshare exclusively in Japan ;p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

vivster said:
tbone51 said:
vivster said:
Everything dropping hard from last year.

Wii U down 30% from last YTD. Man they should've really brought the big games this year to keep up the sales.

Just shows you that holiday bundle matters, hence why its down considerably.

That must be it. People just didn't buy Wii Us because there was no game bundled with it.

Also why do I always know who quoted me before entering the thread?

??? Never said that, your wording it wrong. MK8 is bundled this year for the holiday bundle yet its doing considerably worse than last years cheaper+ much more value bundle. Thts all im saying. 

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

??? Never said that, your wording it wrong. MK8 is bundled this year for the holiday bundle yet its doing considerably worse than last years cheaper+ much more value bundle. Thts all im saying.

How much cheaper was the cheaper bundle last year?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

benji232 said:
Seece said:
Damn at WiU YOY drop! That likely means it's down YOY WW by a good chunk.

What? Japan was also down in November while it was up everywhere else in the world. So... since when Japan = WW trend?

Going by that logic, wiiU is surely dominating XB1 36 to 1 WW and is beating PS4 WW! .... 

wiiu was "flat" in november npd (10% up YoY) only
we just don't know europe

Damn, Xbox One is going up, up and up!

Next week it might outsell the PSVTV :O

KyleeStrutt said:
Damn, Xbox One is going up, up and up!

Next week it might outsell the PSVTV :O

It's mean to get their hopes up like that.

tak13 said:
kopstudent89 said:
Those numbers are abysmal bar the 3DS. Honestly horrific all round

PS4 fell in the best selling week of the year...This is shocking...

But it's not the best selling week of the year....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.