By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create&Famitsu Sales:Week 51,2014(Dec 15 - Dec 21)!WiiU above ps4&psv!New3ds/xl reaches 1.081M!(Wii u outsells psvita for 3rd straight week):O

tbone51 said:
So in other news.... Animal Crossing best selling game of the generation in Japan?

4.230.051 (Famitsu) and probably alot more!!!

And Captain Toad has legs but no jumps 

400k discrepancy between MD AND FM for animal crossing!WTF!

How much from the 38k of wii u of last  are mario kart 8 bundles in your opinion?

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
tbone51 said:
Nintendo N3DS will surpass Vita YTD next week (final week) didn't expect that a month ago....

N3DS sold 155,050 units this week putting it at 1,080,914 Total! In comparison Vita is currently at 1.125k. One week remains and it needs a difference of 45k for N3DS to outsell Vita YTD.

And tracking at a pace where 50% of all 3DS hardware will be in Japan. Damn!

Thats in no way a good thing, well i mean its good that its doing well in Japan but its a sign of pathetic sales in the rest of the world.

That Xone boost almost twice as much sales compared to last week. The PS4 drop is also pretty big, congrats Wii U you can still say you're still ahead of the PS4 in one country. Something a console from Microsoft can't say, sometimes the small things matter.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Nintendo on top, and Captain Toad is a beast!! both versions of Smash selling well and MK8 has become ever present in the charts.

tbone51 said:
vivster said:
Everything dropping hard from last year.

Wii U down 30% from last YTD. Man they should've really brought the big games this year to keep up the sales.

Just shows you that holiday bundle matters, hence why its down considerably.

This is my opinion too!But ps4 had a beast holiday bundle which sold surprisingly well in its first week,setting(at least for me)great expectations for last week(Best selling week of the year)but it dropped by 50%,fell behind wii u and went at 21k on famitsu...

Around the Network
benji232 said:
Seece said:
benji232 said:
Seece said:
Damn at WiU YOY drop! That likely means it's down YOY WW by a good chunk.

What? Japan was also down in November while it was up everywhere else in the world. So... since when Japan = WW trend?

Going by that logic, wiiU is surely dominating XB1 36 to 1 WW and is beating PS4 WW! .... 

Check out my thread.

The gains in the US and Europe do not offset the drops YOY in Japan. Remember, WiiU was up like 20k last month in the US.

We have no idea of the gains in Europe. All that we know is that it's doing significantly better in France, Germany and the UK then last year. And we know that the last week of November was the strongest week ever for wiiU in the US which tells us that wiiU probably was selling like absolute garbage for the first few weeks of November and probably sold most of it's 245k in the final 2 weeks. December will probably be up way more then 10% YoY. Remember last year? WiiU was down significantly YoY in November's NPD but ended up being up YoY in December. November and December are 2 entirely different beasts.  

Link?

ktay95 said:
MikeRox said:
tbone51 said:
Nintendo N3DS will surpass Vita YTD next week (final week) didn't expect that a month ago....

N3DS sold 155,050 units this week putting it at 1,080,914 Total! In comparison Vita is currently at 1.125k. One week remains and it needs a difference of 45k for N3DS to outsell Vita YTD.

And tracking at a pace where 50% of all 3DS hardware will be in Japan. Damn!

Thats in no way a good thing, well i mean its good that its doing well in Japan but its a sign of pathetic sales in the rest of the world.

Wait, its 50%? That would mean WW sales are going to end up around 6.2mil...... Isnt it heading at like 9mil? Wat am i missing here?

tbone51 said:
ktay95 said:

Wait, its 50%? That would mean WW sales are going to end up around 6.2mil...... Isnt it heading at like 9mil? Wat am i missing here?

I have no idea =P The 50% makes no sense. I guess lifetime worldwide sales he means Japan will have 50% of the share, which I would highly doubt.

The idea I like to go with is New 3DS sales Japan vs Australia =P

Just realised that 24 of the top 30 games are on a Nintendo system, go Nintendo!!!

Seece said:
benji232 said:
Seece said:

Check out my thread.

The gains in the US and Europe do not offset the drops YOY in Japan. Remember, WiiU was up like 20k last month in the US.

We have no idea of the gains in Europe. All that we know is that it's doing significantly better in France, Germany and the UK then last year. And we know that the last week of November was the strongest week ever for wiiU in the US which tells us that wiiU probably was selling like absolute garbage for the first few weeks of November and probably sold most of it's 245k in the final 2 weeks. December will probably be up way more then 10% YoY. Remember last year? WiiU was down significantly YoY in November's NPD but ended up being up YoY in December. November and December are 2 entirely different beasts.  

Link?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/has-nintendo-s-wii-u-turned-a-corner/0140009 

Which shows wiiU sales in the UK were up 60% YoY so far. So it's certainly up YoY in November and going to be up in December.

There was also a recent article showing France numbers were way up YoY. And if those 2 are way up, Germany is certainly up aswell considering it's one of the most Nintendo friendly place in Europe with France.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M