By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create&Famitsu Sales:Week 51,2014(Dec 15 - Dec 21)!WiiU above ps4&psv!New3ds/xl reaches 1.081M!(Wii u outsells psvita for 3rd straight week):O

thelalaby said:
PS4 drop is expected but still disappointing.

3DS is the only pulling great HW numbers. Yes, I know it's down YOY but it's in its fifth year now and is quickly approaching 20 million units sold in Japan which is fantastic.

Youkai Watch 2.5 second week hold is phenomenal... it will quickly pass its predecessor. I hope it has strong legs next year... I want to see 4 million in Japan! It's not impossible.

Smash U holds really well on Wii U this week, but it will plummet in the next few weeks and its overall total will still be depressing. The two versions combined have done great though, this generation of Smash will end up as the best-selling so far.

Where do you get the 3DS being 5 years old? it launched in Feb 2011 so it's 4 years old in 2 months and this was it's 4th christmas.

Around the Network

Nintendo N3DS will surpass Vita YTD next week (final week) didn't expect that a month ago....

N3DS sold 155,050 units this week putting it at 1,080,914 Total! In comparison Vita is currently at 1.125k. One week remains and it needs a difference of 45k for N3DS to outsell Vita YTD.

PS4 selling great for no software. 2015 is gonna be a great year in all regions for that platform.

benji232 said:
Seece said:
Damn at WiU YOY drop! That likely means it's down YOY WW by a good chunk.

What? Japan was also down in November while it was up everywhere else in the world. So... since when Japan = WW trend?

Going by that logic, wiiU is surely dominating XB1 36 to 1 WW and is beating PS4 WW! .... 

Check out my thread.

The gains in the US and Europe do not offset the drops YOY in Japan. Remember, WiiU was up like 20k last month in the US.

I'm not saying US and Europe are down because Japan is, you misread what I said.

tbone51 said:
Nintendo N3DS will surpass Vita YTD next week (final week) didn't expect that a month ago....

N3DS sold 155,050 units this week putting it at 1,080,914 Total! In comparison Vita is currently at 1.125k. One week remains and it needs a difference of 45k for N3DS to outsell Vita YTD.

And tracking at a pace where 50% of all 3DS hardware will be in Japan. Damn!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Everything dropping hard from last year.

Wii U down 30% from last YTD. Man they should've really brought the big games this year to keep up the sales.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Seece said:
benji232 said:
Seece said:
Damn at WiU YOY drop! That likely means it's down YOY WW by a good chunk.

What? Japan was also down in November while it was up everywhere else in the world. So... since when Japan = WW trend?

Going by that logic, wiiU is surely dominating XB1 36 to 1 WW and is beating PS4 WW! .... 

Check out my thread.

The gains in the US and Europe do not offset the drops YOY in Japan. Remember, WiiU was up like 20k last month in the US.

We have no idea of the gains in Europe. All that we know is that it's doing significantly better in France, Germany and the UK then last year. And we know that the last week of November was the strongest week ever for wiiU in the US which tells us that wiiU probably was selling like absolute garbage for the first few weeks of November and probably sold most of it's 245k in the final 2 weeks. December will probably be up way more then 10% YoY. Remember last year? WiiU was down significantly YoY in November's NPD but ended up being up YoY in December. November and December are 2 entirely different beasts.  

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

MikeRox said:
tbone51 said:

And tracking at a pace where 50% of all 3DS hardware will be in Japan. Damn!

It just shows how handhelds are dead everywhere in the world except Japan.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

So in other news.... Animal Crossing best selling game of the generation in Japan?

4.230.051 (Famitsu) and probably alot more!!!

And Captain Toad has legs but no jumps :0

vivster said:
Everything dropping hard from last year.

Wii U down 30% from last YTD. Man they should've really brought the big games this year to keep up the sales.

Just shows you that holiday bundle matters, hence why its down considerably.