By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create&Famitsu Sales:Week 51,2014(Dec 15 - Dec 21)!WiiU above ps4&psv!New3ds/xl reaches 1.081M!(Wii u outsells psvita for 3rd straight week):O

bigtakilla said:

So you're saying my attention should go to the praise that the Wii U has sold so well, bringing on the uncommon occurance of outselling the  Vita in Japan?..... Okay

No, i was just curious as to what was funny about a common occurrence ^^ If SSBU hadn't recently released and the Vita beat the WiiU, would that be funny too?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
KyleeStrutt said:
ktay95 said:
So is FFE legs or flop?? Because that is not the opening I was expecting.

FFE already outsold PSN on retail, so I'd say not bad

It outsold the Playstation Network...?

Phantasy Star Nova

tak13 said:
bigtakilla said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Wow, the wiiu is beating the vita is Japan this week! Sweet

LET'S HERE IT FOR HOME CONSOLES IN JAPAN!!!!!!!!!

Oh!I added it to the title!

Wii u has outsold psvita for the last three weeks,(12/1/14 – 12/7/14,12/8/14 – 12/14/14,12/15/14 – 12/21/14)

A trend is starting. Great news! Back to Nintendomination in Japan.

Zekkyou said:
bigtakilla said:

So you're saying my attention should go to the praise that the Wii U has sold so well, bringing on the uncommon occurance of outselling the  Vita in Japan?..... Okay

No, i was just curious as to what was funny about a common occurrence ^^ If SSBU hadn't recently released and the Vita beat the WiiU, would that be funny too?

Whether it's a common occurance or not it can still be funny due to its overall unnatural nature WW. WW the PS4 is killing the Vita, but in Japan the Vita is winning. Just thought it was kind of funny. 

I find this all depressing. Not sure anything can be done to turn the tide at this point.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
RolStoppable said:
Vita being down year over year is the most surprising thing, considering that it was the only system with increasing third party support and still had a lot of room for growth.

How many other consoles/handhelds had growth during its fourth holiday season in Japan?  I'm sure its few and far between, even with increasing 3rd party support

Yet you always downplay 3ds numbers (being down) despite its 4th year being higher than almost everything console/handheld peak year...

If im not mistaken, i think this year (3ds) is either close to or will beat psp best year in japan. 

As for the Vita, many of us (before Sept/Oct) thought vita would be significantly up, especially with how third partys went to vita from previous years and 2014 huge headstart. Not bad sales but 4th year excuse doesn't mean much in this case imo

Edit: Actually just realized this but vita released mid dec 2014, so its kinda not in its 4th year. More as it just ended its 3rd.

bigtakilla said:

Whether it's a common occurance or not it can still be funny due to its overall unnatural nature WW. WW the PS4 is killing the Vita, but in Japan the Vita is winning. Just thought it was kind of funny. 

Can't say i really see the humour in it, but it makes a lot more sense with context. "The Vita beat the PS4, lol." on it's own seemed like a rather backwards statement to make about a country where it's the norm :p

KLXVER said:
KyleeStrutt said:
ktay95 said:

Lulz.

I trust Media Create more than Famitsu, and going by that.. Dat Captain Toad 100k!!

Not really shocking. Everything is overperforming in my eyes, expected lower for both PSV, PS4 and WiiU. The Japanese market is a shadow of what it used to be.
PSV is basically constant YoY which is not so bad all things considered.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Kuksenkov said:
KLXVER said:
KyleeStrutt said:
ktay95 said:

Lulz.

I trust Media Create more than Famitsu, and going by that.. Dat Captain Toad 100k!!

Captain Toad for Smash!!! He's got the legs for it :p