By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create&Famitsu Sales:Week 51,2014(Dec 15 - Dec 21)!WiiU above ps4&psv!New3ds/xl reaches 1.081M!(Wii u outsells psvita for 3rd straight week):O

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Wow, the wiiu is beating the vita is Japan this week! Sweet

LET'S HERE IT FOR HOME CONSOLES IN JAPAN!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Zekkyou said:
bigtakilla said:
The Vita beat the PS4, lol.

Why is that funny? The Vita beats the PS4 (all home consoles in-fact) most weeks.

Not the Wii U or the 3DS this week though. 

That doesn't really answer my question. With exception to a handful of weeks (primarily around major launches/bundles) the Vita has outsold both the WiiU and PS4 almost every week of the year, so i don't understand what's particularly funny about it outselling the PS4 this week ^^ It's a common occurrence.

Nice numbers for the Wii U and congrats for beating the PS4. Drop-off was expected for the PS4 and it should hit the 1 million milestone next month. Vita is no longer ahead of last YTD, but I guess it's still doing okay =/

bigtakilla said:

Hell Yea!!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Zekkyou said:
bigtakilla said:

Not the Wii U or the 3DS this week though. 

That doesn't really answer my question. With exception to a handful of weeks (primarily around major launches/bundles) the Vita has outsold both the WiiU and PS4 almost every week of the year, so i don't understand what's particularly funny about it outselling the PS4 this week ^^ It's a common occurrence.

So you're saying my attention should go to the praise that the Wii U has sold so well, bringing on the uncommon occurance of outselling the  Vita in Japan?..... Okay

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:

Oh!I added it to the title!

Wii u has outsold psvita for the last three weeks,(12/1/14 – 12/7/14,12/8/14 – 12/14/14,12/15/14 – 12/21/14)

KyleeStrutt said:
ktay95 said:
So is FFE legs or flop?? Because that is not the opening I was expecting.

FFE already outsold PSN on retail, so I'd say not bad

It outsold the Playstation Network...?

Week 52 should have only a slight decline for everyone (since it still has a few days before Christmas), maybe something ends up above last week, and Week 1 will likely be Sony week, until it's down the hatches for everyone for Week 2. Wii U and PS4 will be on their way down to 10K (or below!) real soon.

vivster said:
tbone51 said:

??? Never said that, your wording it wrong. MK8 is bundled this year for the holiday bundle yet its doing considerably worse than last years cheaper+ much more value bundle. Thts all im saying.

How much cheaper was the cheaper bundle last year?

Last year's Bundle:

Price: 31.238¥ (32.800¥ including tax)

Games: 

1. New Super Mario Bros U

2. Wii Party U

Extras: Free 30 days Karaoke

Others: Wii Remote, Wii Bar Sensor

Saving: Around 16.000¥

This year's Bundle:

Price: 32.800¥ (35.424¥ including tax)

Game: 

1. Mario Kart 8

Extras: non

Others: Wii Remote, Wii Bar Sensor

Saving: Around 3.000¥

Higher price less games and extras.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Ninsect said:
Again, for the newbies who don't know much about sales trends in Japan: Nintendo consoles always see a much bigger rise before Christmas while PS consoles keep rising slowly but surely even after Christmas week. This is definitely not the best week of the year for PS consoles traditionally. If I had to guess I'd say PS4 and WiiU will trade places next week with PS4 close to 40k and WiIU around 30k.

What were your expectations for last week...?